Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:45 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:16 pm
In all fairness, it never made sense that the Klingons would become a space faring race.
I think TNG showed a Klingon scientist once. I really wish they would have explored that more. There must be something other than a warrior class if their civilization is to function at all.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:09 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:45 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
In all fairness, it never made sense that the Klingons would become a space faring race.
I think TNG showed a Klingon scientist once. I really wish they would have explored that more. There must be something other than a warrior class if their civilization is to function at all.
Being a warrior is more than just being a violent hick. It takes intelligence, skill, and technical knowledge. You'd know this if you weren't a liberal faggot.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:26 pm

This is Star Trek we're talking about. Klingons are the (Dumb) Warrior Race, therefore 98% of all Klingons you see on screen are (dumb) warriors.
Kugelfisch wrote:
In all fairness, it never made sense that the Klingons would become a space faring race. 40k Orks at least have the excuse that whatever garbage they build just works because they believe it will. How did the knuckleheaded Klingons manage?
I'm glad you're asking.
You see, according to the most canon explanation, the Klingon version of the first contact with an alien race resulted in the Klingons getting enslaved by this technologically superior foe. Eventually, they managed to overthrow them and take all their stuff.
Guest wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 am
It didn't make any sense, nor did starfleet having an observation post on the ground instead of just watching them from orbit.
Good thing they learned their lessons in time for Insurrection. Oh, wait...
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 am
If the Mintakans left Vulcan via spacecraft, then it seems difficult to believe that they completely forgot all about spacecraft and regressed to a bronze age society.
Maybe they're like the Vulcan/Romulan version of Amish. Or they really fucked up at preservion technology and knowledge. Or an anomaly in the space-time-continuum briefly accelerated their vessel too close to Warp 11, which as we all know is where organic lifeforms start to devolve in both mind and body.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 pm

There was the Native American episode of TOS that was probably created because they had a bunch of Indian costumes and props laying around from old Westerns.

This episode spoke of an ancient race of advanced aliens called the Preservers that abducted several Indian tribes and resettled them on another planet. You could probably fanwank an explanation that The Preservers abducted some Vulcans millennia ago and resettled them.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:39 pm

"Because they had a bunch of X costumes and props lying around" is like the genesis of 50% of all TOS episodes :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Goes for all TNG holodeck episodes as well.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:18 pm

The fuck.

"real people should be too properly evolved to mourn loved ones. In muh Star Trek future you mourn loved ones by talking about them in a cringey way in your capeshit reviews." :lol: :lol:
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 pm

Star Trek Picard finale report - he dies, but it's a fake-out. They create a clone body for him and he's still in season 2. Also, Data gets a 2nd death scene, because apparently there was a duplicate of his mind sitting in a computer for years like Moriarty in TNG.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Overall, I'd say Picard season 1 reminds me of the SW prequels - stilted, with dreadful dialogue and terrible pacing, but you can have a bit of a soft spot for it because you can tell that Stewart put his heart into it at least. It's not a wholly corporate product.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm

SW prequels at least felt like SW (more or less). STP on the other hand is full of assholes who say "fuck" a lot.
For me, it's more like the sequel-trilogy: soul-crushing.
Rushy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 pm
Star Trek Picard finale report - he dies, but it's a fake-out. They create a clone body for him and he's still in season 2. Also, Data gets a 2nd death scene, because apparently there was a duplicate of his mind sitting in a computer for years like Moriarty in TNG.
Did they at least get to kiss?
-Yours Truly