Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:39 am

Rushy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 am
You sweet summer child... Discovery got a new Spock ages ago and fans love him. Because he has a beard or something.
>Discovery
>Fans love (him)

Kugel's right, you are a fanboy
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 am

Well yes, but not of that show. The point still stands, though. All the NuSpock drama came and went when they introduced Quinto. After that, nobody really gives a shit about TOS recasting.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 am

Casting of Quinto was mitigated by the fact that A) Leonard Nimoy endorsed him and B) Leonard Nimoy still made appearances in those films as Spock and was the only good part in either of them (well, him and Alice Eve's hot body in Into Lens Flare).

After that, nobody gives a shit about TOS recasting because nobody gives a shit about people dressing up pretending to be the TOS cast.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:21 am

You're missing the point, Rushy. Basically nobody watches Discovery. What fans? You mean the incredibly small number of people that watch and like the shit show compared to the fuckhueg number of general Star Trek fans?
I'm sure some people liked the Grindelwald shit but that doesn't mean just because you've seen a few posts of some tumblr gurl that is happy her gay fanfic shipping idea became reality that "Harry Potter fans loved that movie".

But it's a big pop culture franchise so of course it must be great and everything related to it must also be great, right? Just like how the pile of shit that is "Better call Saul" must be good because Breaking Bad was good or how anything Star Wars must be good because there were some good Star Wars films in the 70s.
This is why I dislike you. You're an absolutely devoid of original thought bugman.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:25 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:39 am
Rushy wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 am
You sweet summer child... Discovery got a new Spock ages ago and fans love him. Because he has a beard or something.
>Discovery
>Fans love (him)

Kugel's right, you are a fanboy
What fans love him? Fans of Discovery? All five of them?

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:18 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:30 pm
Also he didn't use his position as the first Captain of Color for virtue signaling, afaik.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:21 am
Just like how the pile of shit that is "Better call Saul" must be good because Breaking Bad was good
This is why I dislike you. You're an absolutely devoid of original thought bugman.
You lost me with Better Call Saul. That show is dope. Michael McKean won three awards for that, and deservedly so. He's better in that than most supporting characters in Breaking Bad itself.

And what would you describe as original thought anyway? Right now, I'm a sheep who goes along with all the media's bullshit. Yesterday I was a contrarian who gave different opinions just for the sake of it. :roll:

Fuck these skewed standards of what is and isn't good to like.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 pm

Considering Terminator 2 a bad sequel isn't exactly a hot take.
Oh wow, he won awards? Man, got to reconsider my opinion then about that terrible cash grab. Black Panther showed me that awards are always a sign of quality!

In the end I don't give a fuck what you like. But your taste is as plebian as Movieblob's.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 am
After that, nobody gives a shit about TOS recasting because nobody gives a shit about people dressing up pretending to be the TOS cast.
It probably also doesn't help that Discovery has done yet another recast. If these fake Trek shows/flicks don't care who plays Kirk or Spock, why should we?
ban wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:40 pm
Shat being a stand up moe guy is also against woke shit, so he's instantly dead to the Star Jews :

Him having good taste is the cherry on the cake. :lol:

Shatner truly is DHI incarnate :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:21 pm

DHI incarnate would watch Idolm@ster and not Love Live. Fake weeb confirmed.