Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:56 pm
Sure, religion has never really played a big role in the Federation, but suddenly claiming that all religion was banned sounds stupid, and you can probably find proof to the contrary.
I'm not sure that religion was banned exactly, but apparently Section 31 did secret ops over the centuries to insure it died.
Feel free to download the documentary and let me know your opinions on it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:36 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:44 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm
I don't want them to go back to it though.
They already did. Section 31 is in Discovery, I think the mirror universe Asian chick runs it now
Discovery isn't in canon, so that's alright.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:24 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Also those ideas for a season 8 sound a lot like "Shit that would've never happened". Sure, religion has never really played a big role in the Federation, but suddenly claiming that all religion was banned sounds stupid, and you can probably find proof to the contrary.
I'm sure you could find proof somewhere. This is another thing Babylon 5 handles better. Religion isn't even remotely gone. I'm struggling right now to think of an outright atheistic character in B5. Maybe Garibaldi? His religion is Daffy Duck.

Roddenberry's 'tism is mostly to blame for Star Trek's handling of religion. He liked tipping his bedora and hated how the censors forced religion into original Trek.
SpoilerShow
I'm not saying religion is awesome, just that it's dumb to assume it will ever go away, or to overlook how it motivates people. Kai Winn was one of the more interesting characters in DS9 for this reason.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Capt. Kirk in TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais" wrote:"Man has no need for gods. We find the one quite sufficient."

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:45 pm
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:09 pm
I hope I'm not alone in hating Kira btw. She was such a fucking hypocritical cunt for so many reasons.
I always hated her. They kind of addressed this in the doc, saying something like, "We could never do this [good guy terrorist] thing today because terrorism is a real thing now." Which is a very ignorant American thing to say. Terrorism was very real in the 90s too, and it was just as wrong to have a heroic terrorist character then as it would be now.
Kira was also a raging bitch. There was one early episode where O'Brien made a comment that implied all Bajoran women were bitches and it was kind of funny.
You can't spell "Kira" without "IRA".

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm

I forgot that Kai Winn was even a character in DS9.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:44 pm
Capt. Kirk in TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais" wrote:"Man has no need for gods. We find the one quite sufficient."
That's the single quote that made Roddenberry go full autist and tip his bedora in every subsequent trek project he was involved with. He hated having to put that quote in there.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:44 pm

There's a new show coming soon about Lord of the Rings elves called Star Trek: Picard. For those that are geoblocked, the "video" is a series of still images of a Lord of the Rings elf holding a sword in various poses with some sort of "futuristic" transition between the images. Then the Star Trek Picard logo appears.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:08 am

What the fuck is anyone supposed to gather from that?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:53 am

That you should avoid this travesty unless you liked Insurrection?
Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm
I forgot that Kai Winn was even a character in DS9.
Really? She was kinda fun with her hypocritical bitchiness.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette