Star Dreck

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Star Dreck

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Rushy on suicide watch

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Hah.
Me and my dad enjoy Picard, so the matter has become more academic than personal.

EDIT: While I'm here, might as well refute Chegwin's claim of the Discovery uniforms resembling the JJ ones. The blue ones are obviously based on those from Enterprise whilst the colorful ones look like the JJ ones about as much as the JJ ones look like TOS.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Whatever you say, Rushy, whatever you say. The '25% different' stuff is just a conspiracy, the Discovery uniforms totally aren't closer to JJ's than anything from proper Star Trek and you totally aren't a fanboy at all. Whatever you say
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Regardless, post-merger the rights are all together under one roof again. Kurtzman is still trying to assert the JJ Trek "brand" into everything though.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:50 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:44 pm
post-merger the rights are all together under one roof again.
They aren't. Basically the Star Trek rights are a legal quagmire and while Viacom and CBS might be one company again, they've licensed Star Trek out to so many different entities, least of all Kurtzman, that it's going to take years to sort out
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:10 pm
the Discovery uniforms totally aren't closer to JJ's than anything from proper Star Trek
all I see are three different sweater designs, but sure.

Ofc I'm a fanboy lol. When did I ever say otherwise? I would hardly bother talking about uniforms if I wasn't.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Wtf are the last blokes even wearing? This looks way too capeshitty, and over-designed af.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:42 pm
Wtf are the last blokes even wearing? This looks way too capeshitty, and over-designed af.
My theory is that people began to criticise them for having uniforms that didn't match the time period, so they awkwardly tried to push forward the idea that Starfleet was transitioning from the blue Discovery ones over to the TOS ones.
But yeah, it looks like shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 am

They say "fuck" in Star Trek now. Now, I'm as degenerate as it gets but it just feels wrong for someone to be throwing f-bombs at Picard.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:47 am

I didn't need another reason not to watch the crappy new Star Trek shows, but apparently some of the money goes to terrorists.