Classic music

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Classic music

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:01 am

I'm on a binge for classic music and have been for a while. Post timeless classics.

SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Re: Classic music

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 am

Resident Evil of all things introduced me to Beethoven when I was a kid. This piece will never, ever get old.

rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 am
Resident Evil of all things introduced me to Beethoven when I was a kid. This piece will never, ever get old.

Ah, just like how I discovered Vivaldi :

Megaman Legends 2 was an ok game. Similar to the way I discovered Ravel :

by watching Dragon Ball Z and Digimon Adventure 1. I'm not kidding. For some reason, one of the songs for the Cell Saga was unused because there was a mess with the imports, so the channel had to use Ravel's Bolero to fill it in and it's quite tense when you watch Goku tell Gohan to face off Cell and this place in background. Another instance, that I don't know if it's true for the japanese version as well but during the closing of an episode, where Wargreymon and Tai were ready to face off against that juggalo...Piedmon/Pierrotmon(?), the Bolero starts and flares up much quicker as both parties walk slowly towards each other, like a standoff in a Sergio Leone movie.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:02 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm
For some reason, one of the songs for the Cell Saga was unused because there was a mess with the imports, so the channel had to use Ravel's Bolero to fill it in and it's quite tense when you watch Goku tell Gohan to face off Cell and this place in background.
You sure about that? I distinctly remember 'The Gods' Bolero' being in Yamamoto's now haram score for DB Kai

Fun fact: was originally going to be the Zelda theme
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

ban

Post by ban » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:24 pm

No, Yamamto was brought in for Kai and the DBZ games during the Gamecube / PS2 era. When I heard the Bolero, it was back in the N64 days, back in...98? 99? DBZ came very late to greece, despite the orginal DB almost being close to being simulcasted at some point, with Japan. Re-runs of the OG DB caused delays for DBZ.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:33 pm

In which case that's pretty funny that they'd end up using it officially
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm

ban wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm
by watching Dragon Ball Z and Digimon Adventure 1. I'm not kidding. For some reason, one of the songs for the Cell Saga was unused because there was a mess with the imports, so the channel had to use Ravel's Bolero to fill it in and it's quite tense when you watch Goku tell Gohan to face off Cell and this place in background. Another instance, that I don't know if it's true for the japanese version as well but during the closing of an episode, where Wargreymon and Tai were ready to face off against that juggalo...Piedmon/Pierrotmon(?), the Bolero starts and flares up much quicker as both parties walk slowly towards each other, like a standoff in a Sergio Leone movie.
I remember that scene from Digimon, but I can't recall whatever BGM that one had.

Though real weebs get their classic fix from Princess Tutu
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Credo in Deum

Post by Credo in Deum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Well if you insist.

AdorableOtter

Post by AdorableOtter » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:14 am

I'll just leave here what I think of

Generally I'm not an uncultured degenerate who learns about classical music on video games / weebism but can't deny there a few instances.