Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:44 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:57 pm
>watching gay of thrones
Stick to animu made for paedophiles.
Watch Game of Thrones, they said. It's so much better than your Japanese cartoons for little girls, they said.
I will never trust anyone ever again.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:13 pm
That fucking episode. The funny thing is that Loli Stark and Loli Mormont only got their kill because their target did literally everything wrong.
It's even worse with Loli Mormont vs the Zombie Giant because that giant had to literally do anything else aside from holding her close to his face (without squeezing her to death first) to win.

And yet, when the Waifu of Dragons had her main dragon unload on the main ice zombie bloke, it turned out that he is completely immune against fire. Even though "dragon glass" (obsidian) and "dragon steel" (not-mithril) kills him instantly.
>actually watching it
You know you were actually less gay when you watched Japanese moeblob shit and catgirls
veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:41 pm
The final season of GoT was very expectation subverty, gotta give them that. I wouldn't have thought during the seasons 1-4 that the screenwriters would flush the series down the toilet this way. Classic GoT-esque surprisingness.
Well then, you must not have watched it very closely because it was obvious from the beginning that the screenwriters were complete hacks.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:07 pm

You better bet I'd rather watch Nyanko Days than Gay of Wokes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:13 pm

It's better than anything the West has shat out in the last 20+ years, that's for sure.
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 pm
You know you were actually less gay when you watched Japanese moeblob shit and catgirls
It was during my more fluid phase.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:53 pm

I read the first few of GRRM's books. They showed some promise with the characters, but the narrative was a complete mess that dragged on and on. I don't think most people gave a fuck about the zombies or fairy magic to begin with - the reason it took off was the conflict between the Starks/Stannis and the Lannisters. Everything else was secondary to that, and when that was over by like book 2 or 3, there was little to no reason to continue.

Not wanting to do traditional good vs evil is one thing, but you still need well-defined sides for a war to be of interest to anyone, and not mix it up with a billion Tom Bombadils.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:02 pm

The looming zombie threat might've been more imminent if he didn't pull the classic Tite Kubo blunder of having way too many characters. Nothing gets done in a timely manner because you are effectively alternating between half a dozen different books.
And quite a few of these characters are wholly unnecessary. I think the last book to be released had several chapters for some Westerosi prince that wanst to woo Waifu of Dragons, and all his story arc amounts to is him getting his eyes melted by a dragon.
And I audibly groaned when this evil pirate guy showed up in the book, because that's yet another character that wastes fucking time.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Yeah, let's give some kudos to the TV producers for at least getting that people want a resolution to the Wall/Winterfall/King's Landing storyline, not half a dozen nobodies scattered around the globe.
I never finished that last book, and I tried several times because I'd already put in so much time to the series. But it's just boring as fuck, and everything starts to blend together.

Just off the top of my head, there's
*Dorne, which is some desert people who want revenge for that dude who got his eyes gouged out, I think. Includes literally no important characters
*The Greyjoy bastard, who's being held captive by Ramsay. Mildly worth it, because Greyjoy has been around from the start.
*Greyjoy's shitty family. No reason to have a plotline centered on them. They're just some asshole Vikings who want the throne because throne.
*Bran wandering around beyond the Wall and apparently gaining superpowers. Don't give a fuck.
*King's Landing, used to be good, but everybody interesting have already left.
*The Wall, which is probably the last bastion of remotely interesting storylines concerning Jon's attempts to command his men and dealing with Stannis, who in turn is struggling to regain his power base.
*Sean Bean's zombie wife. Lolwut.
*Tyrion is somewhere with some Dornish prince. Tyrion's a good character, but without anybody to bounce off of, it's not worth it.
*Sansa and Littlefinger in the mountains somewhere. Shrug. Littlefinger flirting with his crush's teenage daughter is not the best use of these characters.
*Sam Tarly becoming a maester. This is obviously Martin riffing on Samwise Gamgee. This is ok, but not very riveting.
*Fuck off Arya.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm

You forgot Waifu of Dragons, who is supposed to get to Westeros, but prefers to waste time playing 4X games IRL and telling foreign cultures that their culture is shit.

But you should really finish reading that book. The final chapters are amazing, as everyone east of Westeros starts having liquid shits.
-Yours Truly

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:49 pm

I didn't know they had Oktoberfest.
SpoilerShow
Psalm 137:9

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:10 pm
You forgot Waifu of Dragons, who is supposed to get to Westeros, but prefers to waste time playing 4X games IRL and telling foreign cultures that their culture is shit.

But you should really finish reading that book. The final chapters are amazing, as everyone east of Westeros starts having liquid shits.
Gurm's apex as a writer is his vivid description of Daenerys suffering from desyntheria. "The more she drank the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.”