Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 am
Location: Hell on Earth
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:14 am

You say that jokingly but she's been in fucking everything lately so I can totally see that happening. Commercials, some reboot of Supermarket sweep, a nu Coming 2 America and (had to look this up) RuPaul's Drag Race?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:32 am

I might be the only person who likes Leslie Jones. Yeah, she's ugly AF but she's funnier than most women celebs and has a charisma about her.

Where's the petition to replace Black 007 with Leslie Jones? I'd watch the shit out of that movie.

User avatar
Lindsay's Liver
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 am

I wonder what would have happened if China Virus hit right before some REALLY SUPER MEGA "GONNA MAKE A MILLION BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS" anticipated movie came out.

Like, what if it happened a month before "The Force Awakens" or "Avengers: Endgame"?

Would those movies have been enough to save theaters? Because the movies being held back aren't all that exciting.

That said, I do want to see the new "Wonder Woman" and I have a morbid interest in the "Top Gun" sequel.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:42 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 am
I do want to see the new "Wonder Woman"
???

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 am
I wonder what would have happened if China Virus hit right before some REALLY SUPER MEGA "GONNA MAKE A MILLION BILLION TRILLION DOLLARS" anticipated movie came out.

Like, what if it happened a month before "The Force Awakens" or "Avengers: Endgame"?

Would those movies have been enough to save theaters? Because the movies being held back aren't all that exciting.

That said, I do want to see the new "Wonder Woman" and I have a morbid interest in the "Top Gun" sequel.
Black Widow and Wonder Woman were guaranteed billion dollar movies, and I wouldn't be surprised if BW ends up going to streaming too. The Reset is more important than box office money, apparently.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 am

lol black widow would've flopped. Marvel shit is over for normies, endgame was the end to the series.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 27918
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 am
You're going to get nothing but Netflix-tier garbage and you know it. "Ooh, how will the bi-racial pansexual ponykin get out of this mess?!"
The way you phrase this makes it sound like something might actually happen. The only conflict in a properly-progressive show is due to *white* men being mean.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Lindsay's Liver
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 am

"Black Widow" and "Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Shit for Boomers Like Me" were going to do well, especially if they're good, but, no, neither was going to make the all-time biggest movies ever list like "Force Awakens" and "Endgame".

The Guest who said that they would is stupid and is making you smarter Guests look bad.

User avatar
CuckTurdginson
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 am
CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:10 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:54 pm
That'll kill big budget Hollyweird shit more than anything. Streaming means smaller budgets, since you aren't making the millions yet that you would from every single normie age group going to what they know a movie theater is.
So less tentpole and more smaller stuff. It's also a lot harder to make new stars, since their shows are on a hundred thousand different channels and services.
That was already on the way out. Will be nice to kill Mahvel's grip on the industry. Movieblob btfo.

Reminds me of when the big studios crashed in the 60's and we got all these great independent movies (up until Star Wars, anyhow). Will be nice to start that up again, lot of great new directors.
You high, son? Do you really think we're going back to a golden age of cinema?

You're going to get nothing but Netflix-tier garbage and you know it. "Ooh, how will the bi-racial pansexual ponykin get out of this mess?!"

Goddamn, dude, just goddamn.
Oh, I'm sorry. Trump's victory has clouded my judgement.
BloodKnightDollfie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 am
I am 6 feet tall and tower above these manlets and Chinese women are throwing their pussy at me as I type these words just for citizenship.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:28 am
"Black Widow" and "Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Shit for Boomers Like Me" were going to do well, especially if they're good, but, no, neither was going to make the all-time biggest movies ever list like "Force Awakens" and "Endgame".

The Guest who said that they would is stupid and is making you smarter Guests look bad.
Says the one white guy still living in Dallas.

Black Widow was capeshit all the sois and quirky girls were duty bound to watch because "muh representation." Plus it's MCU. All you dumbasses claiming capeshit is dead are being willful fucking retards. They've been saying the superhero bubble will burst for like ten years now and it never does because CONSOOM ALWAYS CONSOOM! The only reason there's a problem now is because of the plot to Build Back Better, but as soon as they get that handled it'll be back to business as usual, only then you'll be able to stream the movie directly through your brain via Tesla's hyperlink while your smart car takes you around town and prevents you from leaving your assigned zone.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest