Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: Don't ask if you don't want to know

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:51 pm
Whereas Stephen King's complaints about The Shining are, for the most part, deeply autistic and deeply rooted in his shitlib beliefs.
Having read the book, I'm not surprised he hated the film. The book's basically a family life drama with a lot of focus on Torrance trying and failing to overcome his alcoholism(to the point of it describing his drunk habits in extreme detail) and pride issues. King wrote the Shining about himself, and then Kubrick basically took the framework of the story and turned it into an impassive horror masterpiece with Jack Nicholson playing a maniac with little to no redeeming qualities.

King probably just can't get over the fact that the worst part of his life was essentially parodied on the silver screen, and that it became a bigger success.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 20701
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I guess the faggot should've just not licensed out his oh so precious book then.
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:42 pm
Lupa is the only libtard who didn't threaten to move to Cucknadia.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7597
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:06 pm
I like to imagine that was just to fuck with him.
I think Kubrick lived in England most of the time. There's like a seven hour time difference between here and Burgerland. So I have to imagine that it was unintentional, at least the first time. Successive times were probably just to fuck with him
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:41 pm
I guess the faggot should've just not licensed out his oh so precious book then.
Or he should have directed it his bloody self if he was that particular
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Rushy
Posts: 3051
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am
Location: Don't ask if you don't want to know

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:29 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 am
Or he should have directed it his bloody self if he was that particular
Honestly, a Shining movie with the Maximum Overdrive vibe would be amazing

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 20701
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:12 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:06 pm
I like to imagine that was just to fuck with him.
I think Kubrick lived in England most of the time. There's like a seven hour time difference between here and Burgerland. So I have to imagine that it was unintentional, at least the first time. Successive times were probably just to fuck with him.
It was filmed in Oregon. He damn well knew about the time difference.
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:42 pm
Lupa is the only libtard who didn't threaten to move to Cucknadia.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7597
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 am
It was filmed in Oregon. He damn well knew about the time difference.
That was Second Unit, which he didn't film. The majority of the filming took place in England, which Kubrick rarely left because he was afraid of flying.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 20701
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:26 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:22 am
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 am
It was filmed in Oregon. He damn well knew about the time difference.
That was Second Unit, which he didn't film. The majority of the filming took place in England, which Kubrick rarely left because he was afraid of flying.
I still won't believe that Mr. Anal-retentive "Perfect! Let's shoot that a couple dozen more times just to be sure" Kubrick didn't know about time zones.
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:42 pm
Lupa is the only libtard who didn't threaten to move to Cucknadia.

User avatar
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 7597
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 am

Of course he knew about them. I'm saying he probably forgot. What King probably also left out was that he was probably working hard on the movie at what was reasonable hours in England and didn't have the time to wait the seven hours (or more) for it to be a reasonable time to call over in America
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:31 am
Doki doki is what you get in your kokoro when everything goes according to keikaku and senpai finally notices you.

User avatar
Kugelfisch
Supreme Gentleman
Posts: 20701
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:48 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 am
Of course he knew about them. I'm saying he probably forgot.
Nah, I don't think so. Seems unlikely. You don't just forget shit like that if you're making an overseas call. Especially not someone like Kubrick.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 am
What King probably also left out was that he was probably working hard on the movie at what was reasonable hours in England and didn't have the time to wait the seven hours (or more) for it to be a reasonable time to call over in America
That seems more likely. Kubrick likely didn't want to wait until 2 in the morning to call fuckboy King at a pleasant for him time.
Guest wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:42 pm
Lupa is the only libtard who didn't threaten to move to Cucknadia.

BenComicGraphics
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 pm

Re: Movie Thread

Post by BenComicGraphics » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:31 am

He didn't even ask questions about the book. He asked him stuff like "Do you believe in god?"

After a while, King basically admitted he believed in god and Kubrick went "I disagree"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests