Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am

My brother had seen all the Indiana Jones films except Temple Of Doom so we watched it together. And I thought it held up remarkably well. The cinematography was colorful, I didn't mind Short Round or Willie(as silly as they both were) and the whole thing had the air of a horror film(even with the cheesy moments, you have to admit it's a lot more effective than the Conjuring/Insidious/Paranormal Activity crap we see nowadays).

So yeah, I might be evil, but I might rank the Naziless Indiana Jones films above the Nazi ones.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:34 am
So yeah, I might be evil, but I might rank the Naziless Indiana Jones films above the Nazi ones.
I was going to respectfully disagree with you until I noticed that you said films, plural. You must be on crack if you think Crystal Skull is even good let alone better than Raiders or Last Crusade.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:50 am
Rushy wrote:
I was going to respectfully disagree with you until I noticed that you said films, plural. You must be on crack if you think Crystal Skull is even good let alone better than Raiders or Last Crusade.
Hehe. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I will say that I have a huge soft spot for it.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 18, 2018 2:47 pm

ToD is aight.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 18, 2018 4:03 pm

I think it is the movie that's closest to the premise of the cheesy adventure movie that Indiana Jones was supposed to be. It's got that B-movie appeal.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Rushy wrote:
My brother had seen all the Indiana Jones films except Temple Of Doom so we watched it together. And I thought it held up remarkably well. The cinematography was colorful, I didn't mind Short Round or Willie(as silly as they both were) and the whole thing had the air of a horror film(even with the cheesy moments, you have to admit it's a lot more effective than the Conjuring/Insidious/Paranormal Activity crap we see nowadays).
Maybe it's because of rose-tinted glasses, but I never how the internet paints Short Round and Willie as the Navis of Indiana Jones.

Sure, they're not great characters, but I feel like their annoyance factor got flanderized the fuck up.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 18, 2018 5:18 pm

I was never really bothered by them either.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Spielberg's wife was pretty fuckable in that movie. I particularly like the part where her beautiful white dress got turned into a midriff with massive cleavage, as did Spielberg I imagine.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri May 18, 2018 6:48 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm
Maybe it's because of rose-tinted glasses, but I never got how the internet paints Short Round and Willie as the Navis of Indiana Jones.
Short Round I can understand, but Willie? She was forced into Indy’s adventure without consent. If there was ever an excuse for someone to act like an annoying cunt, this was it.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Unless hygiene conditions are very shitty, I don't think high-class nightclub employees are very used to putting their entire arm in a bunch of fuckhuge vermin.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette