Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:38 pm

Only good MIB is the original because it was right after Independence Day so Will hadn't yet become the superstar who owns summer. Now that he's been humbled a little maybe he'll do better. That Ang Lee clone movie looks a'ight, and Bad Boys 3 will suck but maybe not as much as 2.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:50 pm

Repo Man (1984)

I've watched so much current year shit lately it was about time to restore my faith in cinema, what could be better way to do it than rewatching this 80's punk rock science fiction cult classic, an epitome of pure cinematic anarchy.

Right from the opening credits the movie grips you with its awesome soundtrack. Emilio "Hamlet" Estevez is an alienated teenager looking for his place in life and he meets Harry Dean Stanton, he's the shit, who is a repo man confiscating cars from people struggling with debt problems, and he's looking for new recruits for the business. It's futile to say anything else about the plot, it's complete nonsense, further it goes the more nonsensical it gets, but this is not about the story, it's about the experience.

The movie captures the 80's feel perfectly and it's one of the most quotable movies of all time, it's kind a spiritual prefiguration to Tarantino's films. It's a special mix of dry humor, unexpectedness, great music, anarchism and occasional surrealism. It's packed with bizarre scenes like Emilio dropping a dead rat in a convertible driven by some random woman and then getting pepper sprayed and left behind by his negro friend. Doesn't make much sense out of context? No worries, it doesn't make much sense in context either.

Holy sheep shit, does this film deliver! It also has one of the most fitting endings ever, Emilio's response to her girlfriend after she begs him to stay is legendary. It's only soome goddamn dipshit Rodriquez gypsy dildo PUNKS who don't get this movie and I feel sorry for them.
88.jpg
88.jpg (94.66 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Woah, this is intense. 10/10
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Apparently they're remaking Escape from New York with the director who did Upgrade. Can't say I'm up in arms. Escape from LA was one of the lamest movies I've ever seen and John Carpenter is a weirdo hack who does his own music just because.

Cast Amber Heard as a lesbian snake who spends half the movie naked and the other half in skin-tight leather. Or, which they'll probably do, get the weakest, most metrosexual soy boy possible for the role then make it an allegory for ORANGE MAN BAD!

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:15 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 pm
Or, which they'll probably do, get the weakest, most metrosexual soy boy possible for the role then make it an allegory for ORANGE MAN BAD!
Which the original was as well. Reagan triggered the fuck out of Carpenter.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:46 am

"Repo Man" is easily in my top 5 favorite movies. It's got everything plus Harry Dean Stanton.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 am

The Child's Play remake is a bona fide unintentional comedy. It's been a very long time since I've laughed that hard in a theater
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 am

I know its been said before but
>making a remake of a movie that had a canon sequel like, two years ago

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:24 am

Also most likely
>making a remake of a movie what will continue to get canon sequels long after people have forgotten about the remake
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:15 am

He doesn't mention that fact much in interviews now, though. Probably because he now realizes that everything in They Live has come to pass via the works of California Democrats. He unwittingly wrote the script for them to follow (since when were the media behind Reagan?).
Snake Plisskin is the biggest libertarian there is. Escape from LA makes more sense as fighting against a vegan leftist theocracy than an actual world religion. The president in Escape from NY is basically your typical cowardly bleeding-heart, and walled exile is how most leftists would like to see government run jails run anyhow.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:31 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:15 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:22 pm
Or, which they'll probably do, get the weakest, most metrosexual soy boy possible for the role then make it an allegory for ORANGE MAN BAD!
Did you just call Kurt "Soldier is the REAL Blade Runner 2" Russell a fucking soy boy?