Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:54 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 am
So, what I'm getting is that she not only looks like something out of an A Wyatt Mann cartoon, but sounds like one too?
Yup, the full stereotype package. Or to put it like she would: She the kinda nigga dem stereotypes be made fo.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:25 am

Lol, I'm surprised that most of the replies are shitting on Cisbusters, I thought Twitter was supposed to be virtue signaling heaven. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:32 am
"They" doesn't include Dan Akyroyd. On some English talk show he basically said that the director didn't know what he was doing, wouldn't listen to his advice, and "won't be back on the Sony lot anytime soon".
He'll be back for the money.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 am
Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm
I can’t say I’m excited for this, but it’d be cool if this film somehow managed to have a female ghostbuster AND not suck. That would reinforce the “CISbusters wasn’t bad because wymn, it was horribly written.”
It could be the greatest movie ever created and have a woman in it, or even all women, and it won't matter to those idiots that defended the reboot. They'll still insist that the 2016 movie was actually the best one and that it was important.
Every jumpsuit filled out by a dick will be one too many.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:26 am
There was a cartoon called Extreme Ghostbusters that had a female member along with a black guy, a hispanic guy, and a guy in a wheelchair. This show still wouldn't be progressive enough for today, though, as the female ghostbuster actually carried a pack that was smaller than the ones the men carried.
I think the story with the lady was that she's actually carrying the ghost catcher on her back, which for some reason is way bigger than the old model. So all she's left with is some dinky proton pistol.
(Though I guess she was tasked with ghost catcher duty because the normal proton pack was too heavy or something.)

And I think they could reuse the cast if the hispanic was gay, and the wheelchair guy was also black and had a touching backstory about getting his legs broken by Trump supporters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:44 pm
Bill Murray is the most Reddit actor alive. Insufferable faggot.
I agree. He's been a compete grouch ever since he started doing those pretentious Wes Anderson films.
Bill Murray is a lot like Spoony.
The warning signs were always there (look up his press reviews where he hates talking about using a gun in Stripes).
But he didnt start going into full Shitty Murray until after an award starting going to his head and made him think he was legit srs person now (around the time of Lost in Translation).
Then his ego grew bigger as his quality and film frequency diminished. They both stopped making spontaneous fan appearances around 2015. Now he's just a weird hobo person nobody wants around that hates being reminded of his former funny days.

Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:38 am

It might happen eventually, but they're doing pretty decent these days compared to 2016. Jumanji and Venom were huge successes and are going to be turned into franchises, and all the proceeds of the Spider Man movies go to them. Men in Black 4 looks like utter shit, but it could go either way. They've been pretty conservative with their budgets these days as well, which is always a good thing for a studio to do. It's not as dire for them as it was when Ghostbusters flopped and seemed like it was going to take the whole studio straight to hell with it. Even when Sony goes under, it's probably going to sell the Ghostbusters rights. Universal or Disney will likely get it then and we'll probably get a new one right away.
I though Universal HAD Ghostbusters? It was in their Spooktacular shows for a long time, anyway.

Jumanji 2 and Venom had every reason to fail--and yet didn't, because they respected their source material and their audience. And were actually fun. If this was 20 years ago everyone would be comparing them to Ghostbusters 2 as a lame sequel. Now they're praised for merely being competant

Men in Black 4 is going to suck beyond all levels of sucking.
SpoilerShow
  • No Will Smith. Or his replacement, being any kind of internationally recognized rapper who can act.
    By the time Will Smith did the first movie, Fresh Prince was already in syndication and Independance Day and Bad Boys had been released. He was already known to burgers for years, and his positive film exposure made sure he was known in other parts of the world too.

I have no idea who this nigress is, and no one in China will care either.
  • The premise. Having an international branch goes against the point if the other movies, which us that New York was the point of entry for all the weird aliens. (Or wait--is this supposed to be a metaphor for global illegal immigration run amock?)
    The design motifs, costumes, and themes are distinctly 50s/60s Americana. It was bad enough that a Britbitch was in charge when Zed died. Everyone here doesnt sound or look American. Just that they're here for the diversity money. No other country has CIA, so why should anyone care?
    (Although I do think it's funny that an Irish guy and Australian are the best that London has to offer.)
  • The plot? Even ignoring the above, the trailer isn't inspiring. We have some black chick that snuck into finding/chasing her protege like Riri William's, then after she's surrounded by womyn power, apparently isn't good enough for the states, so she's shipped off to another country she's never been before. Way to take the momentum out of your protagonist.
    I'm not sure why Thor is there, other than to be constantly reminded that he's an irresponsible white man. If Taken guy is the chief mentor figure, then why do they have the other guy?
    The other movies are cocky guy who thinks he knows wassup, and older cool vereran.
    Adding a third just makes one of them redundant. I'm guessing the person of color.
    (Aussie at least looks like hes trying to enjoy himself).
    No idea what they're fighting either, it why it's even a big deal.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm
No idea what they're fighting either, it why it's even a big deal.
From the looks of things, Rebecca Ferguson dressed as Cleopatra

Apparently the character Liam Neeson is going to be playing is called High T. Which is, the jokes just write themselves
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:57 pm

The joke is probably that he drinks soy milk.

And speaking about the new Persons of Color movie...
SpoilerShow
International activity for the MiB makes sense, insofar as shadier aliens probably would want to stay far away from the MiB HQ. Even if it's not common for one reason or another, it's is always a possibility.

Though it's lame that other countries don't have their own - but distinct - off-shoot of the MiB, especially since the "Mysterious government agents in black are keeping aliens a secret" urban legend is distinctively Murrican.
Also these culturally-insensitive writers should know that there are plenty of countries where running around in a black business suit is anything but inconspicuous.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:23 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:32 am
"They" doesn't include Dan Akyroyd. On some English talk show he basically said that the director didn't know what he was doing, wouldn't listen to his advice, and "won't be back on the Sony lot anytime soon".
He'll be back for the money.
Guest wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:04 am
No, Aykroyd was saying that the reboot's director, Paul Feig, won't be allowed on the Sony lot because he fucked up so badly.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:21 pm

He'll still be back for the money
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

RedLine

Post by RedLine » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm
Bill Murray is a lot like Spoony.
Bill Murray is more like NCunt to me.
The only reason he's known or has a career today is because of the comedy stuff he did in the past, but he likes to eyeroll those things and act as if he's always been so above that (except for a few instances where it is strategically lucrative to fire up the nostalgia machine).
The dude deserves some credit for his work, but he honestly should be around Chevy Chase or Christopher Lloyd tier. Instead his ego and the internet dicksucking makes him walk around like he's a meld of Daniel Day Lewis and Orson Welles.
I'm excepting some serious half-assing out of him in this next Ghostbusters movie. He's a lazy jackoff and he hates being thought of as Peter Venkman.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 pm

RedLine wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Bill Murray is more like NCunt to me.
While I agree with most of that assessment, he hasn't started to shill out hard as a sellout.

Otherwise, he'd practically beg to be in every Star Wars, Marvel, and cartoon movie he could.

EDIT: Just saw Detective Pikachu ad. Getting Super Mario Bros. movie vibes from that one

Why does every one if these movies have to star a fucking Negro no one's ever heard of?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.