Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 pm

I mean, they did that "Sensitive Joss Whedon" joke that pissed off a lot of people.

I commend these guys for not getting too political in their entertainment. I wish everyone was like that. Most people used to be that way until recently.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Surprising that they made an entire video about a subject that was heavily politicized; although in today's world practically every damn movie is politicized, so I guess it was only a matter of time until they tackled something controversial.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 pm
I mean, they did that "Sensitive Joss Whedon" joke that pissed off a lot of people.

I commend these guys for not getting too political in their entertainment. I wish everyone was like that. Most people used to be that way until recently.
I blame social media. Twitter, facebook, and tumblr (especially tumblr) fucked everything up.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:39 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:17 pm
As much as I wasn't a fan of Ebert, he at least has decent reasoning on why he didn't like some films even though audiences disagreed. And he did like some great movies which failed at movie theaters as well. Batman Mask of the Phantasm was one of them.
Yeah, even if you disagreed with him, he gave you enough info in his review to tell if you would like it or not.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:53 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:21 pm
I blame social media. Twitter, facebook, and tumblr (especially tumblr) fucked everything up.
Oh absolutely. That's straight-up fact.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:03 am

Very short-sighted. It's got nothing to do with that. Politics have just gone too far left in the west. We're not sustainable and if social media didn't exist that wouldn't be any different.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:40 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:58 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 pm
The problem is they're terrified of being too un-PC and pissing off the SJWs.
This right here. Too afraid to piss off people. Gotta protect that cushy living with those paymetons gibs.
It's obvious but I'll say it anyway, the ones actually paying their Paymetons are the dumbies who are more than likely SJWs and are actually interested in capeshit and Stalwarts.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 am

Good. If cucks are gonna waste their money on internet nobodies, I would rather the money go to RLM than Lindsay Ellis or Contrapoints or some other insufferable leftist. The fucking tranny has over 9000 (this is not a meme) patrons, and he didn't even get popular until a couple of years ago. The degenerate must be making over a million a year, and all of that money is going towards fucking video essays where he regurgitates shit he learned in gender studies and philosophy 101.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am

They need to spend their money on proper streaming whores like Kinky Dope instead of faggy reviewers. Homegirl upgraded her tits and doesn't hold anything back. You don't need a bunch of fat old film school failures to tell you nuStarWars sucks.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:58 am

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 am
They need to spend their money on proper streaming whores like Kinky Dope instead of faggy reviewers. Homegirl upgraded her tits and doesn't hold anything back. You don't need a bunch of fat old film school failures to tell you nuStarWars sucks.
Who?