Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 am

No one is talking about Captain Marvel because it's probably going to be a bunch of retarded shit. We won't get Carol Danvers the hot soldier babe; we'll get Carol the whiny woman who complains about being stuck in a military she volunteered for.

Even if it's only merely 'fine," no one cares anymore. Wonder Woman went gangbusters because it was the first reasonably well done female superhero movie. Since it already hit that milestone, no one is going to care about any others that come out after.
(Same reason you only see one chick in most action movies. There can only be One dominant female.)
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 am

I feel like capeshit is pretty much done. I know I say that every time and movies keep coming out, but outside of the movie hype channels, it really feels like nobody cares about capeshit and everyone is tired of it. Sure, people are more fatigued with Star Wars and it took a lot less time for that to happen, but who really is following every new capeshit movie these days? 5 get made every year, sometimes more. Plus all the netflix originals bullshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 am

I'd love to say that I agree, Tictac, but the amount of people around here that make it their mission to see every marvel film is actually astonishing. Not just teens and young adults, either. I know a 50 year old school faculty member, from my former church, that goes to every single one and raves about them. I hear people talk about them as they ask me to grab them sweets and cakes at my bakery. My wife's facebook feed is flooded with marvel shit every time a new one pops up from varying people.

It's normie. It prints money. It's far from over.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm
Its about the horrible plot, weak storytelling and all the adhd retarded edgelord shit that is aimed at preteens.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 am
Why the fuck did George Miller hire her is the real question. It added nothing to the movie.
The absolute state of DHI when the tranny detective and the jew make the most resonable posts about that terribly boring movie.
Glad you guys are so terribly entertained by flipping cars. It reminds me a lot of Hobo With A Shotgun. The premise and a short explanation makes it sound like it'd be absolutely baller but watching it it's pointless, boring garbage.
The only good Mad Max ever was the first one. Everything after that is to it what every Rambo movie after First Blood is, just that John Rambo actually felt like it was in on the joke.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:27 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 am
just that John Rambo actually felt like it was in on the joke.
Did it? I watched it the other night. It just seems like your bog-standard action movie, like they smashed the other Rambos together into one film
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 pm

The first mad max is the only good one? Are you kidding me? Most of the film is just Mel Gibson running through a meadow awkwardly with his family who we know will die. The opening and the ending are brilliant though

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 pm

The first Mad Max is an even more extreme case than First Blood, since it has none of the desert-full-of-freaks-aesthetics the franchise has become known for. At least First Blood had plenty instances of Rambo killing dudes. Going from Mad Max 1 to 2 feels like you've missed an entry (or reboot).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 am
DHI really fucking loves Fury Road.
I'm sure /tv/ loves your bait posting
Better than loving that shit-ass movie.

Saw A Quite Place, wasn't impressed. It was very short and just awkwardly ended. I was all "da fuq?" It was okay though, up until they revealed the aliens or whatever as these screeching CG things defeated by the power of love sound. It's got this weird foot fetish thing going too, because shoes can't make noise, which isn't so bad when it's Blunt but John Krasinski loves him close ups of his own feet. So weird.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 pm
At least First Blood had plenty instances of Rambo killing dudes.
Rambo killed one person. I don't think he even really killed him, the guy fell out of the helicopter cause he was being careless and Rambo threw a rock at the helicopter
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:13 pm
TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:55 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:28 am
DHI really fucking loves Fury Road.
I'm sure /tv/ loves your bait posting
Better than loving that shit-ass movie.

Saw A Quite Place, wasn't impressed. It was very short and just awkwardly ended. I was all "da fuq?" It was okay though, up until they revealed the aliens or whatever as these screeching CG things defeated by the power of love sound. It's got this weird foot fetish thing going too, because shoes can't make noise, which isn't so bad when it's Blunt but John Krasinski loves him close ups of his own feet. So weird.
A Quiet Place might be the worst written movie of this year that I actually liked for some odd reason. The parents are dense as fuck and I wanted them to die the entire time, though.

Seriously, people should just rewatch The Descent if they want to see a well-written movie about monsters that hunt by sound.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.