Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:50 pm
Uh-huh. Tell us again how Mad Maxine: Furious Period is a "game changer".
Being that I never saw it, I wouldn't know. But if you think Stallone and Armand Assante unintelligibly growling at each other for 90 minutes is a better movie, then you are objectively an idiot
Funny. Mad Maxless was DHI's favorite movie forever. Now suddenly nobody's seen it.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 am

I never claimed to have seen it. It was tictac who loved it
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 am

Judge Dredd was fucking gay.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:52 am

Any movie that has Rob Schneider in it for more than five minutes is almost shit by default
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:04 am
Has anyone here actually watched Ashens and the Quest for Gamechild? I hear it's the least bad of the e-celeb films, which still means it's fucking terrible. Fair due to him not producing it via e-begging though.
It has some pitfalls of typical e-celeb movies (pointless cameos and other superfluous stuff that probably looked funny on paper, but ended up a bit silly), but at least it's watchable.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Guess I'm alone here thinking Fury Road was a good film.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:48 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:25 pm
Guess I'm alone here thinking Fury Road was a good film.
I too enjoyed it for what it was. It was a weird action style of Australian film, which puts it in a category of its own.
Namely: Australian film.

It pretty much sums up what the world thinks of that country: equal parts Crocodile Dundee and free-for-all biker gang wasteland.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm

I continue to like it no matter how many people meme on the film for being bad. You can't convince me there isn't an element of the political in the way fury road was criticized, and the timing of that criticism as well. The movie was initially praised from all corners, except a very small group of MRAs like Davis Aurini. Then certain meme videos came out and memed the movie heavily as some kind of sjw feminist propaganda. Then the consensus on the movie shifted all of a sudden and a certain corner of the internet with very homogeneous opinions (usually trending political) began to shit on fury road.

I question how many of the people who think fury road sucks developed that opinion independent of E;R and certain other specific youtubers. It's not a 10/10 but it's way fucking better than any recent star wars shit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:04 pm

Eve Ensler saying it was a feminist movie probably didn't help
Kugelfisch wrote:

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:08 pm

These days, stupid cunts say that about every new movie. If The Raid 3 had a female character in it, some bitch would say it was a feminist movie. I've explained how I don't think it is feminist but there's no point bringing that up again.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome