Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Sounds lame.

Pertaining Hellraiser: Got a massive movie file dump from a buddy at a LAN party and just decided to binge all of the Hellraiser movies on a weekend.
I think being high the entire time is necessary. :lol:
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Especially once you hit the Hellraiser in Space movie that's just some weird anthology thing.

And for all of Ravager's faults, it's probably better than a hypothetical reboot :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 pm

>going to lan parties
Also
>DUDE

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 pm
Pertaining Hellraiser: Got a massive movie file dump from a buddy at a LAN party and just decided to binge all of the Hellraiser movies on a weekend.
Not if it was me. At least sober, I'd get bored and tune out. If I was drunk or high, I'd never ever shut up about the inconsistencies and shit. I'm the worst kind of nitpicker
Last edited by Rushy on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 pm
Sounds lame.

It must be, because I can't imagine an entire weekend of watching those movies sober. And I'm a fucking horror nerd. First movie is very good. Second is a passable sequel. Third is where they tried to turn Pinhead into straight up slasher villain. Part four was a bit of a mess, but supposedly there was a lot cut, which would explain that. The rest are trash with Hellworld being the worst probably.

Oh wait, I'm not counting Resurrection and Judgement. Haven't seen Resurrection, but I made it halfway through Judgement before I had to shut it off. Irredeemable trash. Hellraiser is dead.

On a side note I did watch a good ghost flick last night called Terrified. An Argentinean movie, Spanish language with subtitles. A bit weak and ambiguous on the narrative end, but man, it lived up to its title.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:27 pm
And for all of Ravager's faults, it's probably better than a hypothetical reboot :lol:
Well, there's more than enough setup to have Baldwin play the Tall Man, but everyone is so old now that I doubt they've got the energy to reunite, with Scrimm gone. He was the heart of those films.

And an all-new cast would instantly kill the whole vibe of the series. It's about those specific friends, and that's a very lightning in a bottle kind of situation. You can't *make* that friendship with a new cast, deliberately.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:41 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Well, there's more than enough setup to have Baldwin play the Tall Man, but everyone is so old now that I doubt they've got the energy to reunite, with Scrimm gone. He was the heart of those films.

And an all-new cast would instantly kill the whole vibe of the series. It's about those specific friends, and that's a very lightning in a bottle kind of situation. You can't *make* that friendship with a new cast, deliberately.
I don't know, what if they were to cast actors who were real life friends? The chemistry would be there I think.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm

STOP MAKING PHANTASM MOVIES!
Nothing good ever came out of just continuing something beyond a certain point. Stories don't have to and shouldn't go on forever. It's the reason all comics suck massive balls.
Guest wrote:
>going to lan parties
You're going to appear in a quota come Christmas?
Guest wrote:
Also
>DUDE
That one's fair. It's an accurate description of what happened, though.
Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm
First movie is very good. Second is a passable sequel.
I actually really liked the second one. I don't get what people are so pissy about. They pretend as if 1 was this masterpiece and 2 just fucking ruined it. That's bullshit. 2 was just the right amount of fucked up and plain weird to really work for me.
3 and onward took care of the fucking up. Boy, did they ever! Which one was the one with the subtitle "Hell Online"? Was that Hellworld? That one was likely the worst one. Not because it really is the worst one but because it's not the last one. You thought shit got bad, the came that one but then even worse one followed and in hindsight you realize it's the one where the series jumped the shark when that shouldn't have been possible at that point anymore.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:49 pm
They pretend as if 1 was this masterpiece and 2 just fucking ruined it. That's bullshit. 2 was just the right amount of fucked up and plain weird to really work for me.
I respect the second film aesthetically - the atmosphere, score and visuals are pure brilliance - but I think where it falters is in the storyline. Partially, because I don't think they needed to go back to the original characters to begin with. The end of the first film felt like it was setting up an anthology. Not in the way the sequels did it, but just that the puzzle box would end up in the possession of new characters with their own emotional turmoil, who would have to fight it off and resolve their issues.

Secondly, the plot makes no sense, in direct contrast to the original which had a very solid arc imo. Kirsty's evil stepmom suddenly has a completely different personality and wields authority in the Cenobite dimension(it's been like 24 hours since the first film iirc). Somehow, she can regain her original appearance even though the main plot point of the first one was how Frank needed the blood and skin of other people. And of course, they had to rewrite the script because the guy playing Kirsty's dad didn't return, so the ending's just nonsense.

Also, even ignoring the fact that Pinhead wasn't meant to return, the way he and the Cenobites are killed off is pretty pathetic.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:03 am

Hellraiser 2 is the Silent Hill 2 of movies. Ponder that for a second.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!