Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:31 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:29 pm
I'd read Golden Retriever Reviews religiously.
Eagerly awaiting the YMS crossover.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
How dare they make the movie more about the most interesting character instead of the poorfag child self-insert?
I can understand his complaints though. I'm not a big fan of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory either.

Whereas Stephen King's complaints about The Shining are, for the most part, deeply autistic and deeply rooted in his shitlib beliefs. He complained the movie was racist because they killed the black guy and he complained the movie was misogynist because Shelley Duvall basically just screamed a lot.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Yeah, she should've just been super cool about her husband going after her with a fire axe and tell him that she don't need no man.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:14 pm

That would've broken the Overlook Hotel's influence on the spot!

(Except for that gay furry ghost, for he has less privilege than her.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:56 pm

I read that the new It movie turns Richie gay. Not even implied in the book, although the screenwriter lies and says it was.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:51 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
How dare they make the movie more about the most interesting character instead of the poorfag child self-insert?
I can understand his complaints though. I'm not a big fan of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory either.

Whereas Stephen King's complaints about The Shining are, for the most part, deeply autistic and deeply rooted in his shitlib beliefs. He complained the movie was racist because they killed the black guy and he complained the movie was misogynist because Shelley Duvall basically just screamed a lot.
To be fair to King, he intended to show the influence of the hotel could drive even a loving father to madness. His main complaint against the Kubrick film is the way jack was played felt slightly off hinged from the start.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:56 pm
I read that the new It movie turns Richie gay. Not even implied in the book, although the screenwriter lies and says it was.
As long as everyone still identifies as the same gender as in the first movie, I'll be okay with this :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:41 pm

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:05 pm
To be fair to King, he intended to show the influence of the hotel could drive even a loving father to madness. His main complaint against the Kubrick film is the way jack was played felt slightly off hinged from the start.
He didn't want Nicholson because he'd played the main character in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and King figured audiences would see his descent into madness coming. He wanted a more 'everyman' actor like Michael Moriarty (of Law & Order fame).

I can understand that complaint. A lot of the other stuff however was deeply autistic.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:41 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:05 pm
He didn't want Nicholson because he'd played the main character in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and King figured audiences would see his descent into madness coming. He wanted a more 'everyman' actor like Michael Moriarty (of Law & Order fame).

I can understand that complaint. A lot of the other stuff however was deeply autistic.
Again, to be fair to King, he hated Kubrick because he had a habit of calling king in the middle of the night.
And Kubrick was a whiny entitled primadonna pedophile

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:24 pm

>whiny entitled primadonna pedophile

It's almost like he worked in Hollywood or something.
-Yours Truly