Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:20 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:17 pm
She will be black in the inevitable Cleopatra Netflix series, anyways.
I don't know if that's a real thing, but Amy Pascal has been trying to get a "feminist" Cleopatra movie off the ground at Sony for a long time now.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... iller.html
Supposedly Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga are (were?) in the lead for the role, but the KANGZ and QWEENZ are making a stink about it on Twitter and want Beyonce to play the part.
http://archive.fo/XxSSx
I would to see one of these spherical sheboons direct a major motion pictures. I'm not talking some Hollywood Snake's college educated high yellow pet who is affable and demure at production meetings, I'm talking a real ghetto kween directing a 150 million dollar tentpole Cleopatra movie. Someone who will scream "racist cracka ass bitch!" in Amy Pascal's face and rip out a fistful of her hair before throwing her head first into the craft food table when Pascal tries to tell her there were no shine rims in Ancient Egypt.
Leslie Jones must have some free time.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I don't know if that's a real thing, but Amy Pascal has been trying to get a "feminist" Cleopatra movie off the ground at Sony for a long time now.
Supposedly Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga are (were?) in the lead for the role, but the KANGZ and QWEENZ are making a stink about it on Twitter and want Beyonce to play the part.
Gaga's too goofy looking and Jolie's way too damn old. I'd cast Margot Robbie just to piss people off but it'll end up being some brown girl whose ethnicity you can't determine.

I remember they made a big deal about Cleopatra being middle eastern in the Rome series a few years back. Like "FINALLY, she's shown as non-white the way she's supposed to be!" even though she should have been hot as Greek fuck like a young Maria Menounos.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:53 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
>Feminist movie about Cleopatra
>Feminist movie about a woman who was exiled and only got into power by fucking the most powerful man in the world

That's actually very accurate.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 am

Anybody wanting to play Cleopatra is an egotistical cunt among egotistical cunts.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 am

I seem to recall a Xena: Warrior Princess episode where Xena met Cleopatra and she was black. I was never really into that show though, so I only half-remember.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:04 pm

She also fought Julius Caesar who was played by that guy from Dredd. That's some good historical accuracy there.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 pm

What do you guys think of Mel Brooks?
I’m watching Robin Hood and it’s painfully unfunny, 90% of jokes boil down to “lol that’s not what 12th century England is”. I feel like most Mel Brooks films are terrible, the script is always paper thin and the acting awful. Young Frankenstein is the notable exception, maybe Blazing Saddles but I haven’t watched that in a while.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 pm
I’m watching Robin Hood and it’s painfully unfunny, 90% of jokes boil down to “lol that’s not what 12th century England is”. I feel like most Mel Brooks films are terrible, the script is always paper thin and the acting awful. Young Frankenstein is the notable exception, maybe Blazing Saddles but I haven’t watched that in a while.
Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are the only ones I really cared for. History of the World Part 1 is okay too I guess. Dracula: Dead and Loving It is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen in my life.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:25 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:21 pm
Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are the only ones I really cared for. History of the World Part 1 is okay too I guess. Dracula: Dead and Loving It is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen in my life.
The Producers is pretty kino too, IMO. Even most hardcore Mel Brooks fans don't like the Dracula one. That one pretty much ended his movie making career.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:47 pm
The Producers is pretty kino too, IMO. Even most hardcore Mel Brooks fans don't like the Dracula one. That one pretty much ended his movie making career.
Fuck, figured I'd forget one. Yeah The Producers is pretty great too. I might check it out again this weekend, I have 3 days off and not shit to do really.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.