Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Bad Times at the El Royale was great. It was Drew Goddard un-hampered by Whedon's cancer, and you can really see his writing shine. Great performances and morally ambiguous characterizations (with the exception of Chris Hemsworth who is more of a straight villain). Just strong details, vibrant cinematography, solid blocking, I can think of maybe a few things people would criticize about it, but nothing that I personally disliked.

-Goddard indulges himself and I could see people getting sick of him showing off. Its a very stylish movie.

-Hemsworth is underdeveloped, good performance, but one note characterization and he can be summed up in a sentence.

-the child actress isn't very good.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Movie looked and sounded awful from the trailers, a modern version of all those Pulp Fiction knock-offs from the '90s where everyone sat around trying to Tarantino bullshit about pop culture and other faggotry.

Aren't they all dead and in purgatory too? Cuz it goddamn seems that way.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 am

The craft is a lot of what sells it, or at least what sold it for me. I'd rate a ways above The Way of the Gun, for example.
And no, no weird shit like purgatory or something like that.
ebin namefag wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:10 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 am
The craft is a lot of what sells it, or at least what sold it for me. I'd rate a ways above The Way of the Gun, for example.
And no, no weird shit like purgatory or something like that.
Good, here I was thinking that it was going to turn out to be something like Identity.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm

I liked Ghost in the shell (2017) up until the rushed ending dont know why it go so much shit. I havent seen the anime so maybe its offensive to fans.

Usually not a fan of Scarlet Johannson's acting but in this movie her being robotic isnt a problem for obvious reasons.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:39 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm
Bad Times at the El Royale was great. It was Drew Goddard un-hampered by Whedon's cancer, and you can really see his writing shine. Great performances and morally ambiguous characterizations (with the exception of Chris Hemsworth who is more of a straight villain). Just strong details, vibrant cinematography, solid blocking, I can think of maybe a few things people would criticize about it, but nothing that I personally disliked.

-Goddard indulges himself and I could see people getting sick of him showing off. Its a very stylish movie.

-Hemsworth is underdeveloped, good performance, but one note characterization and he can be summed up in a sentence.

-the child actress isn't very good.
Also, watched the trailer and holy fuck that is some of the most spoilerific shit I've seen in a minute.

Noticed something in the marketing that made me laugh.

Its about halfway thru that I'm thinkin of but they're focusing on how hot Hemsworth is despite the mustache and shit like that. His character is like this serial killer-sexual predator-pedophile (his motive for coming to the hotel is because his adolescent girlfriend called him and asked him to pick her up), like where can I go to get that gorgeous, it just entertains me. :lol:
ebin namefag wrote:

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:44 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Usually not a fan of Scarlet Johannson's acting but in this movie her being robotic isnt a problem for obvious reasons.
JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:47 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Well, in the animated movie at least they aren't really acting all that robotic because they aren't robots. They are androids.
I'm not a fan of Scarlet Johannson since she got brutally hit by the wall.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Why would you ever watch Ghost in the Taco Shell over the animu original?

Singh'sSpot

Post by Singh'sSpot » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 pm

Did you know there was a live action Fist Of The North Star? Yeah crazy, hell there's even a Japanese dubbed version with the original voice actors: