Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Ouch. That is a shit opinion. Drop Dead Fred, while it is a terrible movie, at least IT IS a movie. Emoji Movie is generic bullshit that shouldn't even be classified to be a movie. It's just a whole big product placement.

Fuck, Foodfight has more substance and the story behind it plus how bizarre the whole movie is makes it more interesting. It's just a forgettable movie that's already dated. But Foodfight will forever be engraved in your soul.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm
Fuck, Foodfight has more substance and the story behind it plus how bizarre the whole movie is makes it more interesting.
Only because things didn't go as planned. Otherwise the motivations are exactly the same. Corporate sellout garbage.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:36 pm
Ouch. That is a shit opinion. Drop Dead Fred, while it is a terrible movie, at least IT IS a movie. Emoji Movie is generic bullshit that shouldn't even be classified to be a movie. It's just a whole big product placement.

Fuck, Foodfight has more substance and the story behind it plus how bizarre the whole movie is makes it more interesting. It's just a forgettable movie that's already dated. But Foodfight will forever be engraved in your soul.
Foodfight's studio claims someone from Pixar broke into their studio at night, saw the nearly finished film and freaked out about it being a Pixar killer, and deleted it.

That is like Tommy wiseau claiming Martin Scorcesee broke into his editing booth and deleted the first director's cut of The Room

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Okay, I've heard the story about the original movie getting stolen, but I didn't know it was the work of Pixar :lol:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:59 pm
Okay, I've heard the story about the original movie getting stolen, but I didn't know it was the work of Pixar :lol:
The guy running this studio tries really hard to sell this idea that this original version of food fight is the greatest animated film ever

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:36 pm

"The spirits of Orson Welles, Stanley Kubrick, and Walt Disney rose from the grave and congratulated me on making the greatest film of all time. Tragically, Pixar heard whispers of my genius, broke into my studio, and deleted everything so that I wouldn't be able to create the most powerful animation studio of all time."

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:53 am

"Give my regards to oblivion. Also, never trust women."

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 am

Like a good boomer, I've been supporting my local media store since they reopened and last weekend I bought a Blu-ray set of all of the Rambo movies. I watched FIRST BLOOD tonight for the first time in forever and not only is it still entertaining as shit, but it's also relevant to the present day.

This is a Fuck the Police movie, white 'Nam vet division.

Okay, yeah, the message is more broad than that. It's about the ostracism of 'Nam vets back in the day by society as a whole, but when you watch poor Rocky Rambo get hassled by small town cops for no reason, see him bust out of the station crazed by 'Nam flashbacks, and then end up fighting the war all over again in a gloomy Pacific Northwest forest, it's mostly a good solid thrill ride. And the cops are the bad guys. They're horrible and stupid and they shoot like Star Wars stormtroopers and the sheriff in charge is a goddamn liar. We can't WAIT to see how Rambo will make short work of them all. I was yelling at the screen.

In my memories of this movie, Rambo slaughters everybody, but he actually doesn't directly kill a single person. ONE cop dies and it's his own fucking fault. The rest of the cops just get maimed pretty good. They're gonna limp for the rest of their lives, but they'll live.

Sylvester Stallone is unique among movie action stars. He was a Muscle Guy, but he also wanted to be a Sensitive Guy. This is the only action movie I can think of that climaxes with the hero breaking down and crying.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:17 am

He also made that sweet arm wrestling movie that Real Steel totally ripped off.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 am
This is a Fuck the Police movie, white 'Nam vet division.
I feel there ought to be a parallel universe where First Blood developed into a franchise about Stallone fucking up cops instead of foreigners. Maybe we'll get that with a reboot or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette