Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Director's cut is bonkers.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:23 pm

I second the Conspiracy recommendation. The movie is all talk and zero action, which is a welcome change from what you would expect from a WWII movie. Also, the Jews come out pink. Now THAT's progress!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:11 pm

Most of my favorite war movies are not typical of the genre. I feel the same way about the old war movies as I do about old westerns. Too stale. Inglorious Bastards is mostly about spy shit and film history. Conspiracy is a board meeting. Downfall is old man hitler screaming memes from a bunker.
SpoilerShow
The Great Escape is both old and excellent, but it isn't a movie about warfare. It's a prison escape film.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:10 pm

I'll stick with the classics.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Huh, I remembered that Inception was an R-rated film with all that killing going on in it, but apparently it was also PG-13. I guess the MPAA is fine with killing in movies as long as there are no nasty words like "fuck" in them. I really liked Inception, yeah, Leonardo isn't the best pick for the main role, he fits best for the roles playing rich sleazy asshole as there he doesn't have to act at all, just to be himself, but otherwise the movie was mint. I'm not that big fan of Hans Zimmer either, his compositions are usually a bit too minimalist and repetitive for me, but here he really delivers. He makes it sound almost like a modern Hitchcock / Herrmann movie. And that ending is just ingenious.

The best WW2 movie/series is of course Das Boot. If you have only seen the movie cut, do yourself a favor and watch the miniseries. It's fantastic, there is no scene I would cut off (except maybe the silly ending, series should've ended with the "Not yet, Kameraden!" scene).
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Miniseries that get cut into movies are usually better as miniseries - I know Fassbinder and Bergman both struggled with this at least once.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:56 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm
Huh, I remembered that Inception was an R-rated film with all that killing going on in it, but apparently it was also PG-13. I guess the MPAA is fine with killing in movies as long as there are no nasty words like "fuck" in them.
I know that PG-13 has been pussified in recent years (I blame Marvel for that) but overall PG-13 has been okay with killing by itself. Hell the original Red Dawn was PG-13 and it supposedly has the Guiness World record of most kills in a movie. The trick is as you said overall avoid using the word "fuck". I think you can use it once in a movie and not in a sexual way. Also as long as there isn't too much gore killing is fine

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 pm

Anymore you can't really have any gore if you are PG-13. Killing people is fine, but if you pay attention to modern PG-13 films it's all bloodless. People get shot the fuck up with machine guns and they just convulse without any blood splatter.
Is Spoony dead yet?

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:35 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy has been recorded as the bloodies movie ever made, cheated the ratings because all the blood was green.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:16 am

Huh, kinda like what Samurai Jack did in its original run with oil but the opposite with Transformers.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.