Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Movie Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:06 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:24 pm
The really stupid shit didn't even show up in the first Matrix movie. Woke directors always trying to insert their polidick into something people like retroactively.
First movie was a hong kong action version of Dark City. Change my mind
Why would I? I liked Dark City and I like hong kong action. The Matrix is still an extremely fun popcorn movie with lots of great maymays.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:31 am

The Matrix sucked arse. It was a terrible John Woo knockoff with goofy posturing, bad wire-fu, and that disgusting green filter over everything. There was nothing original about it and The Phantom Menace should have the Oscar but Hollywood will never forgive Luca$ for making his own movies without their pedo money.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:38 am

BenComicGraphics wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:52 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:24 pm
The really stupid shit didn't even show up in the first Matrix movie. Woke directors always trying to insert their polidick into something people like retroactively.
First movie was a hong kong action version of Dark City. Change my mind
No one will. Dark City is a great move.

But since you're looking for conflict - you're gay.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

Worth watching if only for Pierce Brosnan's hilarious overacting. Still the best Robin Hood, though. Cate Blanchett was pretty effing hot for being 110 years old in the Ridley Scott movie, but that's about all that version had going for it.

While I'm on it, Ridley Scott is hilariously overrated. Black Rain and the Duelists were okay, but the rest of his film resume is a bunch of pretty overrated bullshit. Gladiator was silly and historically cartoonish with terrible CG, the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven gets fellated all the time by film nerds despite being overbloated and unnecessary, and he thinks the JJ Abrams crew can write movies.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:25 am

The first Matrix was a great jaw dropping experience in theaters back in '99. I enjoyed watching Matrix Reloaded first time too, but I was high as fuck. Later when I watched it on DVD I realized what kind of crap Reloaded actually was. :lol: The highway scene is still brilliant tho. Revolutions is just pure shit without any redeeming qualities.

If it all was meant to be some allegory to gayness, they failed delivering that message way worse than Verhoeven with his alleged anti-fascism in ST. 8-)
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Matrix was stolen from a black woman so the tranny agenda couldnt even have been planned for it. Looking for a link ass Im typing this

https://www.cctvcambridge.org/node/209881

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Comments say it's a hoax. Her also getting damages from The Terminator series rang alarm bells right away.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm

That is just the damage control now everything has been whiped

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:53 am

Wall Street (1987)

Great performance from Michael Douglas. The writing of his character made him a bit caricature, but still he absolutely kills it here. His "greed is good" speech was magnifically delivered and the substance of the speech, although probably meant as deceptive and overblown jargon of an evil businessman, was spot on. Greed is not only good, greed is necessity. The only possible way for thriving civilization is to allow people opportunities to always achieve better benefits for themselves in a market economy, all else is error. Laissez-faire, über alles.

The movie was less anti-capitalist than I expected, but towards the end it gets really silly. Insider trading BAD, asset stripping BAD, making profit BAD, trade unions GOOD AND HONEST. The final twist Gekko betraying Bud at an airport trade was simplistic and asinine, a smart businessman like him would've played his cards better. Also, if wrecking the airport was unequivocally so much more profitable outcome, where will you find an investor who wouldn’t do it? The end of the film with its FBI investigations seemed completely detached from the rest of the film. Still worth of watching just for MD. 7/10
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:06 pm

Disney lost $5 billion this quarter.