Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
JL Unlimited

Re: Movie Thread

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:11 pm

Another problem with CGI is that it can’t be fixed in post production. Everything has to be fixed in preproduction (storyboard, design, concept, etc). Otherwise, you waste a ton of money reanimating everything.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 pm

I watched An American Werewolf in London last month and the werewolf transformation scene, which is all make-up and prosthetics by Rick Baker, is still great over 40 years later. It hasn't aged at all. Today it would be CGI and look like shit.

Also, if Raiders of the Lost Ark was made today the boulder that Indiana Jones runs from would be CGI. The whole cave would be CGI. His bullwhip would be CGI.

Sometimes new technology can take you backwards.
veris leta facies wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:08 pm
However, when it comes to the cover art..
SpoilerShow

I've seen uglier covers, but what was wrong with the original cover art? Are there any fans of this movie who like this cover better? The xenomorph in the movie doesn't look like that at all. That CGI crap would rather suit on the cover of some clown Alien Covenant movie. If you want to fight streaming and want people to actually buy these, maybe you should invest more in these covers as well.
Blu-ray and 4K releases from big studios rarely use the original poster art. Instead they use some aggressively bad, amateurish thing that looks like they found it on Tumblr. I don't know why. Maybe they think the old art doesn't communicate that this a new HD transfer well enough.

Complicity
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Complicity » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:31 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 pm
Blu-ray and 4K releases from big studios rarely use the original poster art. Instead they use some aggressively bad, amateurish thing that looks like they found it on Tumblr. I don't know why. Maybe they think the old art doesn't communicate that this a new HD transfer well enough.
Maybe the poster artworks have their own copyrights, and they do this to save money.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:34 pm

The home video industry is just reminding us all that you can't judge a book by its cover.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:07 pm

Found myself rewatching Scream 4 after marathonining the other 3. I didn’t like this in theaters - and while it still has issues - the whole “killer wanting to be a professional victim but in reality is the biggest psychopath of the bunch” plays REALLY well post MeAgain. Surprised it hasn’t gotten Craven cancelled yet - especially with a franchise that still has movies coming out.

I think I would have preferred a proper adaptation of the Kevin Williamson script - but this one hit. Plus Hayden Panettiere is fine as hell - slept on that one.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:00 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:07 pm
Found myself rewatching Scream 4 after marathonining the other 3. I didn’t like this in theaters - and while it still has issues - the whole “killer wanting to be a professional victim but in reality is the biggest psychopath of the bunch” plays REALLY well post MeAgain. Surprised it hasn’t gotten Craven cancelled yet - especially with a franchise that still has movies coming out.

I think I would have preferred a proper adaptation of the Kevin Williamson script - but this one hit. Plus Hayden Panettiere is fine as hell - slept on that one.
Did you see 6 yet? I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. She’s fine as hell in that too.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:33 am

Hayden's pretty good in it - Jenna Ortega and some of the other performances aren't bad, Dermot Mulroney is effective but underused - they haven't found really charismatic killers yet...
Billy and Stu I think work because they're abundant with charisma and personality - Timothy Olyphant in 2 is underwritten but he still plays it well.
With 6 - I'd have probably preferred what we initially saw - with us knowing the killers right away. Build tension in a different way. The setpieces were pretty solid, though.
ebin namefag wrote:

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:49 am

Oh no. This was the final offer. What will everyone do?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:18 am

Hopefully strike.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:22 am

Article seems misleading - because I think it's just the actors that are still on strike.

Still - a bunch of movies are about to get cucked.
ebin namefag wrote: