Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:33 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:27 pm
The opening scene of the Mummy is easily the highlight of that film. To be perfectly honest as much as I love the classic horror movies they are 90% terrible acting and cliches. The charm comes from the main performers, the look of the films and the cinematography.
That is true, but at least with the other films so far, I can respect them as classics of the time. This film, even with that 1930s mindset, just didn't work for me much. The mummy wakes up and discovers that his mummy girlfriend's soul is now in a modern body even though he himself was still in his mummy body, so he hypnotises the girl, only for the mummy girlfriend to be like 'meh, I'll be with this dude who I met yesterday and told me he fell in love with my 3700-year old corpse'.

Like, what the actual fuck is this story
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:41 pm

That being said, I did appreciate the pace of the film. Being used to three-hour Hollywood flicks, it was hugely refreshing to watch a movie that's just like "here is the plot, this is what we're doing, enjoy, thanks for coming, bye"
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm

I think I've watched both the original and the remake with Brendan Fraser. Can't really remember much about the former, but the latter is a good pulp zombie flick. Or maybe I just like skellymen.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 pm

Love the Brendan Fraser film watched in so many times growing up wanted the guns he had looked so cool.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:48 pm
I think I've watched both the original and the remake with Brendan Fraser. Can't really remember much about the former, but the latter is a good pulp zombie flick. Or maybe I just like skellymen.
Nah, you're right. The Fraser Mummy is cool. It's basically a poor man's Indiana Jones that isn't too poor, and better for getting your Indy fix than the fourth actual Indy movie was and than the fifth movie will be (assuming old man Ford lives long enough for that one to even be made). The CGI hasn't aged well, but if you just accept that it's schlocky fun, it's a good constantly entertaining popcorn flick. I think people appreciate it more since the steaming pile of shit that was the Tom Cruise reboot dropped into theaters.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:09 pm

People only like the Com Truise film for mummyfu.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 pm
Love the Brendan Fraser film watched in so many times growing up wanted the guns he had looked so cool.
I love Imhotep in those movies. He's like a reddit mod all through the movie until he loses his powers and becomes full bitch nigga to the point even m'lady abandons him lol.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:44 pm

Rushy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:20 pm
I watched the 1932 Mummy, which is the first of the classic(as in, not a sequel) Universal monster movies that I have to admit was pretty crap. Not only is it incredibly derivative of the Lugosi Dracula, but it's full of plot conveniences, characters knowing things they shouldn't, poorly developed romance(EVEN for the time) and just... wishy-washy nonsense. The 1999 Brendan Fraser flick is legitimately a better film.

The one bright spot was Boris Karloff, whose performance as the Mummy was immaculate. My eyes were glued to him whenever he was onscreen. The rest of the film's just silly, though.
You fucking FUCK all the Universal Monster movies are shit. ALL MONSTER MOVIES ARE SHIT

THEYRE OLD AND HAVE NO BLOOD OR TITS

FUCK

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Having neither gore nor tits makes them the moeblobs of the horror genre.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 am

Top Gun 2 trailer gets me hard.