Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 pm

He even fucked up Munich. I remember the real guys the movie is based on were pissed off because it made them out to be a bunch of hand-wringing sissies messed up by their mission when in reality they were proud to kill off that evil scum.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:22 pm

This scene sums up Spielberg quite nicely

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 pm
Was watching Masters of the Universe recently. Gorgeous but awful '80s movie, but it reminded me of what a babe Chelsea Field was. I mean, Jesus, her costume in this movie makes ScarJo's GITM outfit look like a burka. So hawt.
Thank God someone else noticed this. I feel like its a crime the rest of the world hasn't.

Also Man at Arms was a real Man in that movie. Everyone was so ducking awesome. The villains came in and pretty much pushed all the teenage crap out of their way (nut up or shut up).
Skeleton is better than like 85% of all bad guys in the last 30 years of film.

Movie pissed me off. Yeah, the slutty soldier is cute but damn what a waste of a movie. Great costumes and sets and effects and 90% of it takes place in '80s California with two dull teenagers as the leads! They obviously couldn't afford a real He-Man movie, or were afraid setting it entirely in Eternia and having it look like a Beastmaster movie (which btw also did the magic teleport to 1980s in the sequel). Dolph was clearly cast on looks alone because he spends most of the movie skulking around in the shadows while the boring WASP kids talk about music and romance.

Anyway, it should have been a Beastmaster knockoff, but hard R with Tits-of-War getting naked or raped every ten minutes while He-Man hacks off limbs and rides giant tigers. Can you imagine being a little kid in 1987 and seeing a picture of He-Man and Skeletor fighting, only to finally see the damn thing and find out most of it takes place at an outdoor mall or a fucking drive-thru chicken and ribs joint? Da fuq?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:11 pm

Sick Boy's theory sums up nearly everybody.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Speaking of Double Dragon, it's apparently coming to Blu-ray in December. Now everyone can enjoy the Milano cookie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 am

I wonder if that bit of nostalgia can help MovieBlob through the dark times he's currently in.
Guest wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:03 pm
Anyway, it should have been a Beastmaster knockoff, but hard R with Tits-of-War getting naked or raped every ten minutes while He-Man hacks off limbs and rides giant tigers. Can you imagine being a little kid in 1987 and seeing a picture of He-Man and Skeletor fighting, only to finally see the damn thing and find out most of it takes place at an outdoor mall or a fucking drive-thru chicken and ribs joint? Da fuq?
A real He-Man movie should be a Beastmaster knockoff with was much gayness as the R rating will let them get away.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 pm

What is this Master of the Universe dissing here? The film is bloody great! It sucks just in the right way. It's hard not to laugh at everything that comes out of Dolph's mouth, like when that teenager twat runs to He-Man first time and the way Dolph says "Don't be afraid!" :lol: Running to some practically naked bodybuilder in a red cape with his oiled chest and mullet (and one holding a sword even) at some dark alley, yeah, thanks for the heads up there's nothing to worry about.

"Don't be afraid"
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 pm
I could accept also a gimp-Venom, this style:

https://youtu.be/7qU2JoYkJxk?t=8m55s

Lollywood fucking suck.
>they trashed a Jaguar E-type for that
phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 pm

Mile 22 is a rental only. It's not bad but it's nothing special either. It's basically one movie-long action scene but with lots and lots and lots of shaky cam. It's not Hunger Games bad, and definitely not Bourne Supremacy bad, but it's annoying.

Lauren Cohan is a babe, but it's produced by China so no boobs. She and Mark Whalburg are the leads but they only shoot guns. The cop from The Raid does all the fighting and it's pretty meh. Typical Hollywood shaky shit. At one point he fights three guys dressed similarly, so you can guess how that goes.

Ends with an obvious sequel set-up and apparently this is supposed to star a series of movies. They'll need a new director if they do.

By the way, I saw ten trailers before this damn thing and every single one was produced by China.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:49 am
veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 pm
I could accept also a gimp-Venom, this style:

https://youtu.be/7qU2JoYkJxk?t=8m55s

Lollywood fucking suck.
>they trashed a Jaguar E-type for that
phpBB [video]
Well, some Britbong car got trashed, big deal. Danger: Diabolik is such a classic that I'd forgive it destroying any car.

But this is fucking unjustifiable:

https://youtu.be/nfV87TgYH78?t=2m19s

What a strange fetish hollywood has to destroy Dodge Chargers.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.