Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 3:26 pm

I've never heard about that. I guess it's evil jewry after all.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri May 25, 2018 3:38 pm

You learn something new every day. I still like to think it was a pun of some sort towards lazy nigs.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Circles within circles.
Guest wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 am
I can't stand jump scares. Call me a puss if you want, I hate loud fucking noise and the anticipation of loud fucking noise.
I especially "love" the whole "Slow buildup to a jump scare, than it's revealed to be a fake, AND THEN THE JUMP SCARE HAPPENS FOR REALZ" shtick, because that's so clever and totally not overused to the point it's probably more likely to happen than a direct jump scare.

That thing where people keep sneaking behind the protagonist to casually jump scare him with a pad on the shoulder is also a classic. And totally something real people do all the time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Fri May 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:18 am
I can't stand jump scares. Call me a puss if you want, I hate loud fucking noise and the anticipation of loud fucking noise.
Jump scares are bottom of the barrel for horror. They aren't like the good kind of horror where you have this looming sense of dread the whole time or, say, fridge horror, or, say, stuff that just gives you the shivers even though you know it isn't real (like that short story about mirrors and scrubbing finger prints only to see they're on the other side of the glass-- that's it, that's the whole story).

They literally trigger a primal instinct of fight or flight for a few seconds and that's it. It's not even being a pussy to react to them. It's something you can't help. They're bullshit of the highest order.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri May 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Jump scares are to horror what fart jokes are to comedy.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 7:17 pm

It's not even accurate to call them scares. It's just startling somebody. It's not even connected to scary stuff. You can startle someone with absolutely everything.
What's the natural reaction that comes just after getting startled? Amusement and relief, sometimes anger. Neither of them are even close to fear or fright. It's like tickling somebody and claiming it to be comedy.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Watched 1967's Frankenstein Created Woman. Weird as hell movie(Dr. Frankenstein transfers people's souls now FYI), but I could watch Peter Cushing do his thing forever.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Cushing even rules the public domain:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 pm

I do find it hilarious how he's so impatient with the police in these movies that whenever *anything* happens, his first reaction is to throw a table in their faces and run off, making himself as suspect as humanly possible.

Hence why those movies had to reboot once they had to resort to Frankenstein switching bodies via brain transplants to hide his identity("Dr. Stein", "Dr. Franck")
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Fri May 25, 2018 9:39 pm

The Peter Cushing Frankenstein is my favourite version of the character, zero morality he just wants to make monsters.

Watching the Shining for the first time in years and wishing I could go to an alternative reality where the lead is Leslie Nielson instead of Jack Nicholson.