Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 am

who?!

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:27 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:49 pm
Whedon is someone I'd love to see devoured by the monster he helped create.
I feel like MeAgain sort of subconsciously knows how much we want this - which is why it hasn't happened yet. :lol:
Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:10 pm
>Buffy is already the best American show ever made, it doesn't need a graphics update.
Dumb buffy loving faggot doesn't wanna watch his shitvids in HD.
Mindhunter, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Ozark, Mad Men, Band of Brothers, MASH.....
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:41 am

I actually didn't even know that old TV shows were being retrofitted to fill up modern TVs. That's a terrible idea. Yeesh. The purists don't want that and they're the ones who are buying these pricey HD box sets. I'm glad that they never did that with "Twin Peaks" or "Miami Vice", the only TV shows that I have on Blu-ray.

As for Joss Whedon, I'm mostly suprised that a B-list actor is going after him. Usually, people on Ray Fisher's level are very protective of their burgeoning careers and never say a bad word about anybody. Unless their target is totally disgraced and Joss Whedon isn't quite down there, yet. I wonder what inspired Fisher to go all "shots fired" all of a sudden.

Also, I can't stand Joss Whedon as a person, but I think "Serenity" is a good movie. It steals all of the right stuff from "Star Wars" and zombie movies and mashes 'em together and I think it's entertaining.

Feel free to call me gay. It's fine. I can take it.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 am

With the Snyder Cut coming and nigs being treated like princes, maybe he sees a second chance at breaking out.

The Wire is shit, BTW, as is that fucking Breaking Bad faggotry.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 am

Yeah. Here are some examples:

Or when I get fucking annoyed when you have TCAP episodes that are zoomed in.

You can have great quality like this:

The clearest, best pleasure.

Then you have the under 480p videos everyone and their mother have seen:

Then you get this weird filled in screen.

It's odd considering that there are taped shows that can easily fill out the screen quite nicely without having to crop anything. It least it did when we used the VCR to look at tapes when adjusting the 16:9 and 4:3 ratios without zooming in.

I don't know the process of cleaning up broadcasted tapes but how film is remastered.

Edit: I know using tcap wasn't the best example considering it as far as i know hadn't aired in that fit screen look, but the first two videos are great examples of shows in 4:3 being zoomed in to remove black bars. I hate that shit. Also I wanted an excuse to use that show because I'm a loser.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:23 am

The only solution is to mandate 4:3 across the board and start selling the appropriate televisions.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:41 am
I actually didn't even know that old TV shows were being retrofitted to fill up modern TVs. That's a terrible idea.
But people don't want BLAAAAACK BAAAAAARS on their screen! They're being robbed of the screen space they paid for.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:04 am

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
As for Joss Whedon, I'm mostly suprised that a B-list actor is going after him.
B-list actors are usually all he ever works with.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
I wonder what inspired Fisher to go all "shots fired" all of a sudden.
Whedon's hardly Hollywood elite. His biggest successes are being director-for-hire for Marvel, a cult derivative vampire TV show (and Buffy the Vampire Slayer also hates him, incidentally), the derivative spin-off from the cult vampire TV show, the derivative sci-fi show that got cancelled sending soys into a frenzy and writer-for-hire for various screenplays of varying quality, probably the most notable among these being Toy Story and Waterworld to give you an idea of how varying.

It's not like he's Spielberg and actually has the power to say 'You'll never work in this town again'. He's a dime a dozen and the amount of worship he gets from soys and feminist catladies is unfathomable to me.
Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Feel free to call me gay. It's fine. I can take it.
I would but Morena Baccarin is unbelievably hot and he put her on the map. So I can't completely hate him either. More like 99.9%

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Now that's gay, calling Monica Baccarin hot.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:47 pm

This video explains a why some stuff can be seamlessly improved for HD and even 4K, while other cannot be improved over SD: