Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Lindsay's Liver

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:14 am

There's a NEW GHOSTBUSTERS MOVIE ON THE WAY IN 2020 AND IT'S A FOLLOW-UP TO THE ORIGINAL FILMS AND WILL IGNORE THE 2016 PIECE O' SHIT, HOLY FUCK!!1!

Actually, I'm a lot more interested in the Twitter drama. It's already starting up.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 am

It'll be a simple passing of the torch movie, like what was planned before Cisbusters. Except now without Harold Ramis. Thanks a lot Bill Murray, you fucking cunt.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:10 am

I'm 100% convinced that this only happened because they don't want the Ghostbusters 2016 drama to be what the franchise is remembered for.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 am

Rushy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:10 am
I'm 100% convinced that this only happened because they don't want the Ghostbusters 2016 drama to be what the franchise is remembered for.
Nah, they invested a lot of $$$ into their Ghost Corps bullshit, they need this movie to recoup that investment, plus create something that could make more $$$ henceforth.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am

No one can convince me that the reboot was a worse idea than a sequel. Hey, let's watch fatass Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson still busting ghosts in their 70s and maybe Bill Murray will stand around looking miserable! Sounds great!

And LMAO if you think they won't double down on the poz for the "passing the torch" characters.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm

I can’t say I’m excited for this, but it’d be cool if this film somehow managed to have a female ghostbuster AND not suck. That would reinforce the “CISbusters wasn’t bad because wymn, it was horribly written.”
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 pm

A woman can't handle a proton pack tho

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am
No one can convince me that the reboot was a worse idea than a sequel. Hey, let's watch fatass Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson still busting ghosts in their 70s and maybe Bill Murray will stand around looking miserable! Sounds great!
That kind of what the video game a few years ago was. It worked because most of the actors could just use their voices, so they could at least sound enthusiastic. (Except for Bill Murray. He sounded like he wanted lightning to just spontaneously kill him),

I really liked the second one. It had the cool river of slime, the portrait of Vigo, the black guy getting scared out of his shoes by the g-g-ghost train. My favorite part was that the Statue of Liberty was controlled by an NES Advantage(!) That whole scene may have been cheesy but it somehow managed to make it look damn cool. Way more effective at the whole unify New York thing than Spider Man 1's shoehorning it in.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Old Black Man wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm
I can’t say I’m excited for this, but it’d be cool if this film somehow managed to have a female ghostbuster AND not suck. That would reinforce the “CISbusters wasn’t bad because wymn, it was horribly written.”
That's my prediction. There will be at least one female ghostbuster. They really want a hit with this one and they're going to try to pander to everybody, old and young, male and female, and cool down any social media shitstorms.

People will probably still find something to complain about though. I will be monitoring the situation..

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:56 am
No one can convince me that the reboot was a worse idea than a sequel.
They're both equally bad ideas for different reasons
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.