Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:14 am

Charlar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 am
Star Trek V was better than i was told by some, it's not bad just not as good as 2 to 4
I told you it's not that bad. It's not good and certainly not great but I'd rather watch it than some Mahvel shit.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:43 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 am
Pixar has no point in existing when Disney and everyone else just shits out CG films now.
I swear I honestly can't tell the difference now between any of these fuckers. Everything is CG and it all looks like aidsmoby.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 am
Pixar has no point in existing when Disney and everyone else just shits out CG films now.
It's not the animation they wanted so much as the Pixar people. The reason Disney bought them outright, even though Toy Story and all those other pre-acquisition Pixar films were effectively theirs, is because people would come to Disneyland or whatever and they'd only be interested in Woody and Buzz and didn't give a shit about Mickey. Disney, being creatively bankrupt hacks at this point, decided rather than 'be original' what they would do is simply buy Pixar outright.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 pm

That and finally closing down their animation department to switch to low-effort 3D crap.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 pm

I've always found Star Trek V underrated. The Enterprise goes off to find God - how can you not love that?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Not enough crossovering with Shin Megami Tensei.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm

Ive never been able to get into Star Trek, what do people like about it? The fantasy about space and the wacky adventures one could have there?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

btw Ive rewatched SW 1 - 6 and anybody who says the disney movies even come close to the same level is retarded as fuck, seriously.

And bring on the flak but I watched in the classic order (4-5-6-1-2-3) and while there is a certain shift from serious space opera drama to more soapy tv humorous space drama I still think the prequals take too much shit.

A while back (I think after TFA dissappointed me) I watched them in the 1-2-3-4-5-6 order and then I like the prequals even better. Its like alright here are 3 lighthearted "funny" movies that set up the lore and universe / characters and then when anakin becomes vader we shift into the serious "darker" trilogy. It flows perfectly this way at least to me so I really cant give the prequals any shit, theyre miles and miles above all disney crap and just a bit below the originals.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm

I like em all
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Jar-Jar 4 president.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:35 pm
Ive never been able to get into Star Trek, what do people like about it? The fantasy about space and the wacky adventures one could have there?
Pretty much. Very advanced soft sci-fi with emphasize on diplomacy and general violance-advoidance where the focus is not some nobody stumbling into a big adventure, but a group of highly-trained professionals just doing their job.

It's basically a future that looks pleasant enough that you'd actually want to be there - especially nerds.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette