Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Sieg Zeon

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Sieg Zeon » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:19 am

l’ll take the superior Hammer Cinematic Universe thank you, where everyone is either Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:34 am

the fuck even Borat needs to be ruined by feminism? Lets include a daughter who cant even pull the accent of get the fuck outta heeeeeeeeeree

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:32 am

I'm surprised he was even allowed to make a sequel without getting lynched on social media, considering the racist and culturally-appropriating depiction of Kazakhstan.
Guess it's okay since their (relatively) white people.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:39 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:32 am
I'm surprised he was even allowed to make a sequel without getting lynched on social media, considering the racist and culturally-appropriating depiction of Kazakhstan.
Well firstly, while he made fun of Kazakhstan the butt of the joke was poor whites in America. Secondly, he's a subversive Jew and barely a comedian so they let him make whatever the hell he wants.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 pm

A Dark Universe centered around the Brendan Fraser Mummy series and Van Helsing would have been awesome. With no faggy MCU blueprint to ruin cinema, who knows what cheesy fun Universal might have given us. It would have been worth it just to see Weisz teaming up with Beckinsale.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 pm
It would have been worth it just to see Weisz teaming up with Beckinsale.
You'd have gotten Maria Bello teaming up with Beckinsale and everybody knows it

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 pm

"If we ever go to war against Utah, we're really going to kick ass."

February 9th, 1996.

One of the most quotable movies of the '90s, a decade known for its quotable movies.

Even though he was forced to tone down his cliched doves and double gun action, this is easily John Woo's best American movie, and maybe the best he ever did.

It also established Howie Long as a brief action star:

Hans Zimmer's best score, too, though the Duane Eddy guitar work really elevates it*. (Goddamn, Woo could give a character an entrance!)

Go ballistic:

*used to be a big Zimmer fanboy, based solely on the epicness of The Rock, but it's clear to me after hearing other scores that The Rock was mostly Nick Glennie-Smith with help from Zimmer and Harry Gregson Williams. Zimmer also introduced that wailing woman faggotry that dominated movie scores for years.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:42 pm
It would have been worth it just to see Weisz teaming up with Beckinsale.
You'd have gotten Maria Bello teaming up with Beckinsale and everybody knows it
If they would went right into production Van Helsing Meets The Mummy could have happened in 2006-2007 before Weisz accidentally got knocked up by a bisexual.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:41 pm

I'm pretty sure you guys have put more thought into how the Dark Universe would work than the people working on it did. I'm pretty sure they just cast actors to play the various monster movie characters and added references to them in that Mummy movie.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 pm
Even though he was forced to tone down his cliched doves and double gun action, this is easily John Woo's best American movie, and maybe the best he ever did.
It's not bad. Probably the only John Woo film I can tolerate watching. It's too bad Samantha Mathis didn't become more of an actress. I blame Super Mario Bros.
Is Spoony dead yet?