Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AdorableOtter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by AdorableOtter » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:14 am
I wouldn't say that Snipes was only thinking about the money. He didn't like the script. He didn't the original director. They replaced the original director with Goyer and he didn't like Goyer either. There were clearly serious issues with that film. As for whether or not it destroyed his career, he fell pretty hard after that. The biggest things he's been in since were Expendables 3 and Chi-Raq
I don't know who this original director was but I have a hunch he was at least better than Goyer. That movie should have been postponed or even cancelled. And no, please no retarded sequel/spin-off with stupid un-athletic female lead. Blade died with Snipes.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm

I think you need to watch the movie again, blade2 had so many facepalm moments. And that squad he worked with had all sorts of horrible acting.
Ah, what acting? They are just.. there, to get killed horribly. YMMV but I have no complaint about basically objects. At least Ron Perlman was doing a fine job iirc.
My only gripe was they killed GOAT Donnie Yen's character off-screen with zero explanation. That's kinda understandable because his character didn't even exist in the original screenplay and too much Yen could steal the show but come on.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm

AdorableOtter wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:46 pm

I don't know who this original director was but I have a hunch he was at least better than Goyer. That movie should have been postponed or even cancelled. And no, please no retarded sequel/spin-off with stupid un-athletic female lead. Blade died with Snipes.
Keep hoping, but you know it's happening.
Ah, what acting? They are just.. there, to get killed horribly. YMMV but I have no complaint about basically objects. At least Ron Perlman was doing a fine job iirc.
My only gripe was they killed GOAT Donnie Yen's character off-screen with zero explanation. That's kinda understandable because his character didn't even exist in the original screenplay and too much Yen could steal the show but come on.
Blade 2 was ass, bro. Sorry. Wires up the ass, Del Toro's shitty video game directing, and that awful CGI fight in front of the lights. The only good thing was Leonora Valera, a serious step up from Generic Black Chick of that last movie.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:30 pm
He wasn't going to live to see the day if he lived to be 200
Do they have something against five? It's probably the most critically shellacked, but plenty of people like it and a "director's cut" would sell like hotcakes. They should also finish up the NES game and release it as a tie-in.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 pm

The Post was fucking retarded. It was boring, slow, and didn't feel at all like Spielberg movie. It's "we're the media and the last bastion of freedom on earth so it's our duty to take down the Prez" theme was predictable but harmless, then it becomes unbearably smug in the last twenty minutes when the lady publisher starts putting men in their place (complete with shocked silences at her stunning bravery), a strong super-Latina who's clearly supposed to be Sonia Sotomayor shows up to high five her, then she walks out of court after winning and ascends the steps surrounded by a crowd of proud young women from every race.

Anyway, it's not blatantly anti-Trump but the message is the Prez shouldn't tell the news what to do and I guess should just shut up and step aside while they do the real work of democracy. Not a coincidence this didn't come out during Obummer's reign.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:13 am

Blade Runner 2049 is so boring and predictable Im alttabbing here to tell this movie has the most obvious trannies Ive seen in all recent hollywood movies and that is saying a lot. I dont think there is a single real woman in it (no pun intended with the replicas and holograms). Giant skulls and adamsapples galore and some have the manliest browlines Ive seen even in men lol

The controller's view of the future for us really is all fake emotions, dating our AI holograms or robots in a world full of non sexual trannies.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:07 am

holy shit the more the movie goes on the more I see that its using replicas getting babies as a metaphor for trannies getting babies. They even say things like "then we are more human than humans" like satanic trannies think theyre evolving from humans into divine beings on earth.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 am

AdorableOtter wrote:
I don't know who this original director was but I have a hunch he was at least better than Goyer.
Literal shit would have been better than Goyer
AdorableOtter wrote:
That movie should have been postponed or even cancelled.

Ah, but they never postpone the movies. My uncle told me once that the business of making movies is kind of like working in a bank. I forget exactly what he said but it was something like 'You've got to get your yearlies in otherwise you don't get paid'. It probably explains why there's so many crappy films out there that could have been better if the studio just waited for better people to become available.
Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm
Keep hoping, but you know it's happening.
>You know it's happening
>Movie came out in 2004
>Optimal time to make shitty spin-off would have been 2005/2006 (see: Elektra)
>Most notable thing Jessica Biel's done in recent years was marry Justin Timberlake
>It's happening

Never since /pol/ have I seen such abuse of the word 'happening'
Guest wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:03 pm
Do they have something against five?
It cost the most to make and failed horribly so they don't want to sink any more money into it. Star Trek V did so badly that they weren't even going to make Star Trek VI, they were just going to jump straight to doing TNG movies, but they had to get something ready for the 25th anniversary so they decided to do one last original series film.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm

And thank God they did.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:27 am
It cost the most to make
Do you have a source for that? As far as I know, the first movie cost the most to make. Paramount was pissed off at how badly ST:TMP movie did, so all the sequels had severely reduced budgets. AFAIK, 5 had little money to work with and Shatner squandered it because he didn't know what he what he was doing. (First time director.) He hired these con artists to do his special effects instead of the usual ILM because they said they could do it cheaper and faster. That company disappeared and ran for the hills with The Shat's money shortly after.

Nobodies on the internet have redone FX scenes from the movie with CGI on their PCs and even those look better than the actual film.
http://kekbfm.com/fans-vindicate-star-t ... w-effects/
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:37 pm
Do you have a source for that? As far as I know, the first movie cost the most to make. Paramount was pissed off at how badly ST:TMP movie did, so all the sequels had severely reduced budgets.
That is correct, I forgot about The Motion Picture. However, Star Trek V did cost more to make than Star Treks II, III and IV and, unlike The Motion Picture (which made something like $130 million on a nearly $50 million budget), Star Trek V just barely missed doubling its budget.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.