Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 pm

Why do SJWs love David Lynch so much?

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:28 am

Same reason hipsters do.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:57 am

He's babbys first "art" director.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 pm
Why do SJWs love David Lynch so much?
They don't. You're dreaming.

This is all a dream.

Wake up.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:24 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:57 am
He's babbys first "art" director.
How is Eraserhead babby formed.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Holy shit, that ending.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:36 pm
And what could possibly be the point of making a shared universe? Are all these monsters supposed to team up as Not-Avengers? Who are they gonna fight? Cthulhu?
The different Universal monsters crossed over all the time in the old black and white movies, and it worked just fine. They would just make the individual movies and didn't do that gay shit where they try to set up plot points for later movies. (E.g., the Oscorp basement of villain costumes in The Amazing Spider-Man, and I think that Tom Cruise mummy movie had something similar in it.)

The "Dark Universe" failed because they tried to copy what Marvel did instead of keeping it simple like the old Universal monster movies.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:11 am

The old crossovers rarely involved teamups. I think the first one was The Wolfman befriending the Frankenstein monster in his human form because he hoped Doctor Frankenstein could cure him but then a full moon came out and they fought. The second big crossover had a mad scientist unleashing the monsters to get revenge on...somebody.

There was supposed to be a straight up Wolfman vs Dracula movie that was apparently just a straight up remake of Dracula with the Wolfman there to throw down but it got canned. Parts of that script were cannibalized into Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.

I'd be fine with the Cinematic Universe idea if it just devolved into mid budget monster wrestling. Less so if it culminated in Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman shooting laser beams at a cgi space emperor.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:07 am

I don't understand where they were trying to go with the Dark Universe. Tom Cruise became a literal god at the end of The Mummy. What would they team up against when they have him on their side?

Or was he going to be the villain that Russell Crowe was going to hunt? How does an Invisible Man, a strong guy, and some hot blonde chick fight a god?

What's hilarious to me is that in Wokeverse the Mummy was originally going to be a man (gay!) but they changed it to a woman at the very last second because they saw the X-Men Apocalypse trailer and thought he would be too much like Smurfman.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:24 am

They had a Mummy wipe out London with a sandstorm in their inaugural outing. I think it's safe to say they were planning on making all the monsters Marvel superheroes with Halloween themed powers. Probably a lot of CGI nonsense and shouting. As for who they were going to fight. I don't know, The Devil?

We'll probably never get the dirt on the exact shit they were planning. Nobody cares enough about the Dork Universe to dig to deep, unlike capeshit. The entire thing was such an embarrassing failure they probably burned all their scripts.