Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Movie looks like shit, honestly. Bland, dark, and that shot of them training on the cliff that is apparently motherfucking WOWING the internet looks stupid. The end of the Jedi is probably nothing, either. It'll be part of some speech anointing Ma-Rey Sue as a "new kind" of Jedi destined to save the galaxy and start a better Order.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Good guess. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually is that way.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Is there some reason every nuStar Wars movie has to have the same shitty-ass color palette? The original movies look better and better when you compare them.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Blue and Orange, Orange and Blue and Orange and Blue is the Hollywood craze and has been for over a decade.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:06 pm

That's orange and teal. Normal blue would look even dumber.
Ya Amber Heard Me?! wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm
Movie looks like shit, honestly. Bland, dark, and that shot of them training on the cliff that is apparently motherfucking WOWING the internet looks stupid.
I swear this cliff is the new Jar-Jar. Was bad enough when the finale of the last movie consisted of them standing around awkwardly for what felt like 15 minutes while the soundtrack and camera tried to make this look like an Oscar bait moment.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Ya Amber Heard Me?!

Post by Ya Amber Heard Me?! » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:14 pm

Is Lucasfilm working on a budget? These movies should be like KOTOR with tons of Jedi fighting First Order armies led by Kylo Ren. It should be fucking epic! Instead, we get slow-moving shit dramas about a handful of characters who are apparently all related, and a lot of dodgy cgi and shit action scenes.

And TLJ is a boring, utterly uninspired name for a SW movie. Almost as worthless as Rogue One.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Lucasfilms? Shit's owned by Disney these days, lad.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:08 am

I'm curious to see what Rian Johnson does with this. Unlike JJ he isn't a hack and knows how to write characters that don't snark and talk like smartass hipsters. Looper proved that, it had everything that Farce Awakens didn't in terms of character development. Though he had to make changes to his script after seeing 7 which worries me since it proves that no one was fucking talking to each other.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:41 am

Ya Amber Heard Me?! wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:14 pm
Is Lucasfilm working on a budget? These movies should be like KOTOR with tons of Jedi fighting First Order armies led by Kylo Ren. It should be fucking epic! Instead, we get slow-moving shit dramas about a handful of characters who are apparently all related, and a lot of dodgy cgi and shit action scenes.

And TLJ is a boring, utterly uninspired name for a SW movie. Almost as worthless as Rogue One.
Fucking this. Force Awakens, hell even "Revenge of the Sith" sounds godlike by comparison. I thought Force Awakens was on the mediocre side of okay (I didn't sperge out like the davis aurinis over it because it was always going to be a JJ popcorn movie, and it's probably his best film-as low as that bar is), but this new shit and Rogue One looks awful.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Am I the only one who likes every Star Wars movie? It's not that I'm not critical at all, in most franchises I have some major beefs, but so far, I've enjoyed every Star Wars flick.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.