Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Cuckara

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Cuckara » Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 pm

We're talking about the same kind of people who unironically called Pennywise from IT Chapter One a gay icon and then freaked out when Pennywise ripped apart a gay man in IT Chapter Two; they're fucking retards who are desperate to claim anything they can. Another example; some idiot on tumblr posted an image that showed The Bababook was accidentally put in the LGBTQ section of Netflix, and fags proceeded to force "the Babadook is a gay icon" memes, and none of them stopped and thought about how the Babadook is the physical manifestation of a mother's grief.

Ihatebradjones

Post by Ihatebradjones » Sat May 30, 2020 5:48 am

Guest wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:16 am
Moe Bitches wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm
Aren't most of these just in public domain.
The original novels of Dracula and Frankenstein are in the public domain, but not the Universal adaptations (despite the fact that everyone involved with making these movies is dead). If you want to use the version of the Frankenstein monster with bolts in his neck that only groans and only kills people by accident, you have to pay Universal.

If your Dracula looks too much like Bela Lugosi, his son Bela Lugosi, Jr. is a lawyer and will sue you.
They really do a shit job at enforcing these copyrights then. Every Halloween I see tons of decorations, costumes etc featuring a green-skinned Frankenstein monster with a flat head and neck bolts sold without Universal's permission.
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Cuckara wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 pm
We're talking about the same kind of people who unironically called Pennywise from IT Chapter One a gay icon and then freaked out when Pennywise ripped apart a gay man in IT Chapter Two;
Why did he become an icon in the first place? Beause he had a thing your young boys?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 pm

I have no idea.

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2020 1:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:02 pm
Cuckara wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:23 pm
We're talking about the same kind of people who unironically called Pennywise from IT Chapter One a gay icon and then freaked out when Pennywise ripped apart a gay man in IT Chapter Two;
Why did he become an icon in the first place? Beause he had a thing your young boys?
That and his flamboyant attention whore tendencies.

Mostly its the pedophile complex though.

Post by Guest » Sun May 31, 2020 9:49 am

Lost In Space is a pretty decent movie. Good effects for the time (1998), entertaining action, Gary Oldman hamming it up, and prime Heather Graham practically busting out of her flight suit. And thanks to the shitty woke nigflix series it feels like high fucking art.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:49 pm

But muh Doge review
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:19 pm

All I remember from Doge's review is "SPIDERS!" And the only reason I remember that is because he reused that joke in Kickassia.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:28 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:49 pm
But muh Doge review
Doge thinks the Emoji movie is better then Drop Dead Fred fuck his garbage opinion.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Both those movies are hot garbage
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.