Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Of course people care more about the vidja lore than the comic one. The only reason you'd give a shit about the Archie comics is probably because you're a manchild that still has wet dreams about Sanic SatAm, which is old as shit. And now that Archie has lost the license, their Sanic is also getting old as shit.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:34 pm
There's an insane amount of delusion surrounding Penders and his 'creations'. I've even seen some people comparing him to Jack Kirby.
>the architect of one of the largest capeshit universes of all time
>compared to the lovechild of Linkara and Chris-chan
>who wrote derivative tripe with just enough actual Sanic in it to count as fanfic

The sheer autism of the Sanic fandom always finds new ways to surprise me.
Also I'm pretty sure Penders is networking hard to have his name circulated the web again, hoping that the attention surrounding the movie can be harnessed into more sales for his godawful Mary-Sue Chronicles thing.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm
into more sales for his godawful Mary-Sue Chronicles thing.
If it ever comes out
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:06 pm

It's done when it's DONE.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:15 pm

Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 pm
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:24 pm
Dehbashi wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:10 pm
I knew about the fire making Archie lose his contact. I had no idea that he burned it himself. That motherfucker. They could have sued his ass for trying to breach the contract that way.
I say filing cabinet, but what Archie had what was essentially a fire safe as a filing cabinet. Nearly all their other contracts survived the fire. Penders heard of the fire and bribed the secretary as fast as he could
Wouldn't the secretary be forced to testify in the lawsuit? I am surprised that Archie didn't subpoena the secretary unless they went fuck it not worth it over his gay crap.
Sonic isn't some sacred cow.

At best it's a bunch of cute animal characters pantomiming and having adventures.

At worst it's fetishfuel that tries to be grimdark.

If I have a preference, it's the former.
Last edited by BenComicGraphics on Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Of course people care more about the vidja lore than the comic one. The only reason you'd give a shit about the Archie comics is probably because you're a manchild that still has wet dreams about Sanic SatAm, which is old as shit. And now that Archie has lost the license, their Sanic is also getting old as shit.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:34 pm
There's an insane amount of delusion surrounding Penders and his 'creations'. I've even seen some people comparing him to Jack Kirby.
>the architect of one of the largest capeshit universes of all time
>compared to the lovechild of Linkara and Chris-chan
>who wrote derivative tripe with just enough actual Sanic in it to count as fanfic

The sheer autism of the Sanic fandom always finds new ways to surprise me.
Also I'm pretty sure Penders is networking hard to have his name circulated the web again, hoping that the attention surrounding the movie can be harnessed into more sales for his godawful Mary-Sue Chronicles thing.
Or his movie 'the lost ones'

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Oh yeah, the one with his amazing OC Dr. Ian Droid, who is pretty much Eggman except cooler because Penders created him.
BenComicGraphics wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:15 pm
At worst it's fetishfuel that tries to be grimdark.
Relevant:
-Yours Truly

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 pm

I'm a normie, and the only characters I remember are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. I guess there was somebody called Shadow the Hedgehog that I've heard of, but never played. I've never heard of any of the Penders characters.
お前はもう死んでいる。

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:01 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 pm
I'm a normie, and the only characters I remember are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. I guess there was somebody called Shadow the Hedgehog that I've heard of, but never played. I've never heard of any of the Penders characters.
They aren't even his characters. In the 90s there was a Sonic cartoon that aired Saturday morning with a bunch of characters that Sega never owned(mainly because they were fucking terrible).

Sally Acorn, Bunny Rabbot, Antoine, and a whole furry menegerie of cringe. This cartoon was praised for it's "grimdark storyline". The stories were shit, the animation was garbage, even for 90s tv animation. Fans call it Sonic SatAM.

Archie made a comic based off this cartoon. Ken Penders was merely hired to write it. Afterwards he started shitting out echidnas with abandon, to the point that Sega went "fuck this shit. No more echindas"

Also, Ken Penders fucked over the Sonic SatAM producers once.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:17 pm

Don't tell me you've never heard of quality comic OCs like Mammoth Mogul (Penders co-creation) or Enerjak (100% Penders OC).
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 pm
How do you survive on the internet not knowing who Shadow the Hedgehog is?