Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
rabidtictac

Re: Movie Thread

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:26 am

Dehbashi wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:27 am
rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:54 am
Chinese films outside of the thriller/crime genre are fucking addicted to shitty cgi. It's why soy wars and star dreck/capeshit seem to sell well over there too. The unwashed masses in their rice paddies crave fantasy and blockbuster visuals.
Not Soy Wars. That's how we knew that it was in trouble after The Last Jedi. China gave it the finger during that movie.
Well, not soy wars specifically, so that was a bad example on my part. But movies like soy wars. Avengers did well over there IIRC. All that fantasy shit does. It's similar to what their domestic market produces (wuxia is basically fantasy) but just different enough to have appeal, especially since the budgets for those blockbusters are so massive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_h ... s_in_China

The only non-chinese films that even crack the top 15 are dumb blockbusters. Either capeshit or gay husbandos racing tuners. In fact, EVERY US film that I see on this list is a dumb blockbuster. Either car fantasy, science fantasy or capeshit.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 am

Have hipsters finally driven up VHS prices? I was at a used bookstore and the tapes (which used to be $1) were all $2 or more. There was a Lorenzo Lamas movie for FIVE DOLLARS! What in the hell, son?

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 am
Have hipsters finally driven up VHS prices? I was at a used bookstore and the tapes (which used to be $1) were all $2 or more. There was a Lorenzo Lamas movie for FIVE DOLLARS! What in the hell, son?
SpoilerShow
Man let me tell you, at the thrift store that I'm going to work at in a bit, the VHS tapes are 50 cents while the CDs/DVDs are like a dollar or two. But as far as I've seen, the VHS tapes there are mostly fucking low grade movies. Not really the kind that RLM reviews, but the kind that you may see once and think it was meh.
There's this scumbag that has the nerve for this: Image

This nigga charges a buttload for these tapes and it's really absurd. Like $1,285.00 for fucking Barney?!? Imagine that.
It's easier to find some random children's tv show tapes than it for a fucking TV live recorded tape.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:29 am
Chinese have no nostalgia boner for Star Wars. Can they even show them over there? I know they have a thing about ghosts. Were there even any Force Ghosts in the new Soy Wars?
Only Yoda, though he was suspiciously capable of interacting with the real world.
There was also a bit were Kylo talked with his dead dad, but Han didn't even have any ghost effects on him, so who the fuck knows what that actually was.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:46 pm
There was also a bit were Kylo talked with his dead dad, but Han didn't even have any ghost effects on him, so who the fuck knows what that actually was.
Luke showed up to levitate the X-Wing, which was actually quite a nice callback to Empire
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm

What astounds me is how easy it would be just to film alternate scenes for China rather than build your movie from the ground up to cater to a people who don't give a shit. All it does is piss of Western moviegoers and make everyone look like artistic frauds.

Remember that, when moviemakers pretended to be sophisticated artistes?

Hot take: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is a boring movie about shitty cowboy actors, but Tarantino absolutely nailed Bruce Lee. Read anything about him and he comes off as a massive raging asshole.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm
What astounds me is how easy it would be just to film alternate scenes for China rather than build your movie from the ground up to cater to a people who don't give a shit.
Didn't they do something like this for Iron Man 3?
Is Spoony dead yet?

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:52 am

Hollywood doesn't fucking care. China has a lot of money and they can cuck the western fans into liking the films by making them all woke and shit. Then just pull the wokeshit from the marketing when the film goes overseas.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:59 am

Chris Nolan might secretly be gay or some kind of autist who doesn't understand male-female relationships. The worst part of the terrible Batman movies was the Rachel bullshit, while Tenet is all about this fucking giantess everyone's in love with for some reason he doesn't bother telling us about.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:02 am

I've read fanfics with better romances.
Guest wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm
What astounds me is how easy it would be just to film alternate scenes for China rather than build your movie from the ground up to cater to a people who don't give a shit.
Are you insane? That's extra work.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette