Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun May 20, 2018 6:52 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 pm
Why would anybody want to include Sandman?
Two reasons:
1) Raimi grew up (or at least claims he did) reading the original Lee/Ditko/Romita Spider-Man of which Sandman was a part. Venom didn't come along until the '90s. If he'd been allowed to do Spider-Man 4 (and Sony hadn't fucked with Spider-Man 3) he would have done the Vulture with, I think, John Malkovich as Vulture
2) Sandman had the better effects and was more appropriately cast. The birth of Sandman is probably the best scene in that entire movie. It was clear that Sandman was the one Raimi had the ideas for. By comparison the Venom effects were shit and Topher Grace was horribly miscast as Eddie Brock/Venom.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 am

Sandman was the chosen villain because of Raimi's desire to cast a film where a sandperson is evil. The truth must be known!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

He wasn't really "evil". He's more of a tragic sort of guy similar to Doc Ock in the previous movie (which I guess is another hint at him being the chosen villain).

Venom definitely felt more out of place and could've benefitted from only really appearing in a Spider-Man 4.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm
Whoever thought they needed two villains in the movie with Venom is a retard. We'll never get an actual good movie about Venom and certainly not Carnage.
MCU Carnage could provide some lulz if they decide to make ihm a Trump-suporting MRA racist.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 20, 2018 11:57 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 pm
Why would anybody want to include Sandman? Come on, Carnage has got potential. Make it a hard R-rated movie and be a total slaughterfest.
Thats exactly why, they make movies for 12 year olds, can only use tame villians.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm

I guess we can't ever have nice things.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun May 20, 2018 6:17 pm

>Carnage
>Not for 12 year olds
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm

Friendly reminder that the vampire bloke from that 90s Spider-Man cartoon wasn't actually allowed to bite anyone, and I think they weren't even allowed to say "blood".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Yeah but the '90s show had a ridiculous amount of censorship generally. Spider-Man wasn't even allowed to punch anyone. Compare this with the 2003 MTV series which had copious amounts of alcohol and implied sex
Kugelfisch wrote:

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun May 20, 2018 6:52 pm

You'll get your Carnage when the Venom movie hits. Carnage is the villain in it. Rumor right now is that he's being played by Woody Harrelson.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun May 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Rapeculture wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 6:52 pm
You'll get your Carnage when the Venom movie hits. Carnage is the villain in it. Rumor right now is that he's being played by Woody Harrelson.
I can't even tell if you're joking or not.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!