Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:00 pm
It was a much slower-moving world back then.
Even so, we've been living with capeshit for about twenty years and intense capeshit for about ten. It took Vietnam to kill Westerns and unless we see a similarly large cultural shift happen soon I figure it will be a while before Marvel shit finally dies.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Unfortunately, you're likely right about that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:13 am
Watched Baby Spider: Homecoming again and what a piece of shit. Worse the second time. Middle-of-the-road, unmemorable garbage filled with middle-aged hipster faggot humor and awful '80s punk music and the blandest score in motion picture history.
According to IMDb, there's one punk rock song in the entire movie and that song, Blitzkrieg Bop, was released in 1976. Your comment made me curious about the soundtrack and I was disappointed to find out most of it is shitty modern music.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Niggersbop would have been a better song choice.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Such a weak and faggy song to feature the word Blitzkrieg in.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:00 pm
It was a much slower-moving world back then.
But you have to realize that today, movies are so dense. Every single frame has so much going on. They can run through a lot more permutations of the same garbage before it becomes stale.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm

what people arent totally done with marvel already?

I expect the superhero movies to lose steam within 2-5 years and be gone in 5-10. Same for starwars. Might even go quicker.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 pm
Such a weak and faggy song to feature the word Blitzkrieg in.
Hey, the Ramones are a national treasure. Although Blitzkrieg Bop is overplayed/overrated. They've made tons of songs that are better.
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm
what people arent totally done with marvel already?

I expect the superhero movies to lose steam within 2-5 years and be gone in 5-10. Same for starwars. Might even go quicker.
Every time it seems like we've officially entered the decline of capeshit a new Marvel flick comes out and breaks box office records. With Kathleen Kennedy at the wheel, Star Wars will be dead within 5 years, but who knows how much longer Marvel will keep going. Pray to God that Avengers: Infinity War ends up being a colossal clusterfuck that sinks Marvel.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm
It took Vietnam to kill Westerns and unless we see a similarly large cultural shift happen soon I figure it will be a while before Marvel shit finally dies.
So what your saying is that the right wing death squads will be the ones to end this fad?
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:08 am

It's taking a long time, but the ridiculous assembly-line approach to capeshit is going to eventually kill it deader than westerns. In 40 years, only oldfags will still watch capeshit. Just like westerns, the entire genre will become known as "that shit genre only grandparents watch or care about." Just like mofuckin' John Wayne.
billbixbyakahulk 16 points 3 months ago

The problem is they're all the same. It's very paint by numbers and effects-driven. They forgot the key to superhero movies is to make them human, which requires character development. Character development is only possible with truly skilled actors. They make superhero movies generic so they can replace any pretty boy or pretty girl if needed. But if you think of historically great leading actors, who is the Harrison Ford of the Superhero genre? Who is the Arnold Schwarzenegger? There is none, and they don't want them. You can't replace those kinds of actors because they're too unique. Instead, you get a generic pretty boy like Chris Pratt and make the comic relief computer-generated.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome