Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Movie Thread

Post by CuckTurdginson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 pm

Denis Villeneuve is doing Dune. Arrival was above average and Blade Runner and Sicario were close to perfect. Prisoners sucked, but I'm definitely interested.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Arrival was indeed ass. Blade Runner was okay, but then I didn't think much of the original. Sicario will forever be one of 2016's most overrated movies, long and boring with a goofy-ass ending and will always be remembered as the movie where Emily Blunt refused to get naked like she was fucking Hollywood royalty or something and that Cucknadian faggot let her get away with it.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:55 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 pm
will always be remembered as the movie where Emily Blunt refused to get naked like she was fucking Hollywood royalty or something
I hate actresses like that.
Hot actresses who never keep their clothes on? I love them motherfuckers
Actresses who refuse to do nudity? It's frustrating but I can respect that. I mean, I wouldn't do it. It takes something to be potentially seen naked by millions of people, including family, friends and acquaintances, so I can sympathise with actresses who don't do it.
But actresses who do nudity just to get parts and then think they're too good for it? Fuck them. Don't pretend you're a not a whore
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Just finished Die Hard 4.0 and I have to say, this is probably my favourite film in the series after the original. Which is kind of funny, because it's completely different, but still executed a lot better than 2 or 3. The problem with 2 was that it tried to recreate the first film without really understanding what made it great whilst the third movie shook things up a bit, but was just all over the place.

This film does its own thing, but at least it does it competently. Sure, Timothy Olyphant is no Rickman or Irons, but he's such a smug computer whiz that he's easy to hate, you root for McClane to kill him. It's kind of like making Wesley Crusher the bad guy, it works.
I've heard a lot being said about Willis no longer trying and yeah, it's true to an extent. He's definitely lost the cowboy quality that people liked about him(or at least McClane) and some of his line deliveries are flat, but at the same time, it's perfectly plausible that a more grizzled, worn-out version of the character would just not give a shit anymore about putting himself in danger. Plus, his calm attitude in the face of death is actually commented on, so either the writing just clicked there or the writers took advantage of the way Willis acted at that point and wrote it into the story.
I should also mention that McClane isn't really super-cop in this movie. He doesn't throw himself into over the top situations so much as over the top situations get thrown on him and he just goes with it.

I've not seen Justin Long in anything else, but he had good chemistry with Willis. The "modern nerd vs old timer" shtick is ancient, but I liked how they complemented each other.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:45 pm

I don't really remember anything else from Die Hard 4.0 besides that it sucked and I never want to see it again. Die Hard 2 was OK 7/10 and Jeremy Irons made DH3 somewhat watchable, 5/10 maybe.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 pm

I remember watching Die Hard With A Vengeance and saying to everyone near me, "Wouldn't this be even better if it were PG-13 with an obnoxious blue filter and a bunch of CG bullshit?"

Also it's supposed to be July 4th in Washington but everyone is wearing long sleeves and McClane is styling in a leather jacket. Fuck that gay movie.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm

What's funny is Die Hard 5 went hard with violence but was even worse than Die Hard PG-13. Jai fucking Courtney man. Why? You spent a movie introducing Mary Winstead as John's badass daughter, then relegate her to a damn cameo. The Russian chick was pretty hot though.

Overlord was Current Year JJ Abrams garbage. Apparently the miltary wasn't segregated in WWII like history says and the 101st Airborne was filled with black guys and had black leaders.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm
Just finished Die Hard 4.0 and I have to say, this is probably my favourite film in the series after the original.
You have an uncanny knack for having the worst opinions on movies
veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:45 pm
Die Hard 2 was OK 7/10 and Jeremy Irons made DH3 somewhat watchable, 5/10 maybe.
Die Hard 3 was better than Die Hard 2
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:59 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:45 pm
Die Hard 2 was OK 7/10 and Jeremy Irons made DH3 somewhat watchable, 5/10 maybe.
Die Hard 3 was better than Die Hard 2
Both second and third had absolute stupid plots, but second had some good action scenes, action in it was gritty and well choreographed whereas action in the third installment was silly and cartoonish. Jeremy Irons sure was more memorable villain than the villains in the second movie, I hardly remember anything at all from them eventhough one of them was played by Franco fucking Nero!

But they both were vastly better than that completely forgettable and futile fourth installment.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:18 pm
You have an uncanny knack for having the worst opinions on movies
I'm a modern day Roger Ebert, I know
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.