Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rapeculture

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rapeculture » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 am

Rushy wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm
Everyone seems hyped for the new Halloween flick(the third film in this franchise to be apparently titled simply "Halloween") except me.

Mostly cause it just sounds like the exact same movie as Halloween H20, only without Laurie being Michael Myers's sister. Just about the only thing hooking me is John Carpenter scoring the film and giving the project his personal thumbs up.

Also, they skipped over Danielle Harris as Laurie's daughter, what the fuck.
Lol, it must suck ass to be passed over twice for the role of Laurie's kid. The same shit happened 20 years ago with H20. :lol: I'm honestly indifferent, she had her time with the series, she got to be in 4 of them. That's good enough, maybe Judy Greer has something the filmmakers were looking for and that's why she was cast.

I AM looking forward to Carpenter's score, though. As far as the movie itself, I sure do hope they have a better justification for Michael's return than H20 did. They're retconning part of the original Halloween's ending, so I'm sure that figures into it.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 am
Rushy wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 pm
Everyone seems hyped for the new Halloween flick(the third film in this franchise to be apparently titled simply "Halloween") except me.

Mostly cause it just sounds like the exact same movie as Halloween H20, only without Laurie being Michael Myers's sister. Just about the only thing hooking me is John Carpenter scoring the film and giving the project his personal thumbs up.

Also, they skipped over Danielle Harris as Laurie's daughter, what the fuck.
Lol, it must suck ass to be passed over twice for the role of Laurie's kid. The same shit happened 20 years ago with H20. :lol: I'm honestly indifferent, she had her time with the series, she got to be in 4 of them. That's good enough, maybe Judy Greer has something the filmmakers were looking for and that's why she was cast.

I AM looking forward to Carpenter's score, though. As far as the movie itself, I sure do hope they have a better justification for Michael's return than H20 did. They're retconning part of the original Halloween's ending, so I'm sure that figures into it.
Judy Greer is a babe even if she looks old as fuck in close ups.

Last thing I remember Carpenter doing was FEAR 3 and utterly fucking it up. And this thing with directors scoring movies is just weird and terrible. Robert Rodriguez does that shit and it's trash.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Genders was a fucking flop. Surprised you're watching it.
I dont let opinions of others or commercial succes decide whether or not i watch something.
Usually when the masses love something I hate it and vice versa.

I was in the mood for something different and besides that I kinda liked John Carter which people also hated.

I just meant one look at the poster and you can tell its Tumblr: The Movie.
Is Spoony dead yet?

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 am
AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:07 am
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 pm
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Genders was a fucking flop. Surprised you're watching it.
I dont let opinions of others or commercial succes decide whether or not i watch something.
Usually when the masses love something I hate it and vice versa.

I was in the mood for something different and besides that I kinda liked John Carter which people also hated.

I just meant one look at the poster and you can tell its Tumblr: The Movie.
Strange thing is I like it better than disney SW and all capeshit movies but perhaps thats just because I had no expectations for this.

edit: nvm the last 30 minutes are too much suck to call this better than anything.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Tue May 15, 2018 3:12 am

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 am

Strange thing is I like it better than disney SW and all capeshit movies but perhaps thats just because I had no expectations for this.

edit: nvm the last 30 minutes are too much suck to call this better than anything.
Not surprising. Disney SW is such a low bar that anything else is an improvement.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue May 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Tue May 15, 2018 1:25 pm

The more I think about Valerian the more I hate it.

So they spend the first 30-40 minutes setting up that interdimensional stuff just to NEVER USE IT AGAIN in the entire movie?!?!
And you know the villain from the second he says he has those loyal killer bots which he programmed himself etc what load of horsesheit.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

A pretty shame for a comic series with a clear and focused premises like "We've crash-landed on a planet where some cosmic horror uses insanity birds to make everyone his slave".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Fake. Too original for Jar Jar Abrams. It's going to be a ROTJ remake with parts of TPM thrown in.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 pm

I wonder if his Not-Ewoks will rip off Dances with Wolves.

(Also still hoping for a new Death Star that's just a planet-sized Tie-Fighter. Make it happen, dammit.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette