Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:25 am

Another Alec Baldwin classic.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:54 am

Trump Curse comes for all, baby

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:02 am

My only regret is that the woman he killed wasn't his fake Spanish wife.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:48 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:39 am
You could've just said that he shot and killed a cinematographer with a prop gun.
How hard is it to make sure that no one has bought actual real ammo for your prop guns?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:00 pm

The filmmaker Fred Olen Ray, who's worked on about nine jillion low-budget movies posted this interesting thing today on Facebook
This is a serious tragedy and I'm sure the facts will soon come to light, but I can't imagine why ANY real ammo would be on a set EVER, and I'm not sure that's eactly the case here either.

I am a DOJ Permitted Set Armorer (and have been for years) and I can tell you that MOST blanks are professionally manufactured, but with certain guns, like the vintage cowboy variety, some people MAKE their own blanks and that's where trouble can occur.

I was once shot with a 12 Gauge Shotgun while operating the camera on ALIEN DEAD because the local guy made his own blanks using a cork wadding. It ripped through my shirt and struck me in the abdomen, leaving a huge welt, but trust me, it could have been far worse...

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Not sure if people still make their own blanks once movie production reaches the multi-million dollar range.
Though I would be all for a law that stipulates prop guns can't be used unless you "shoot" the guy who loaded them.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Pretty sure you can hurt somebody even with a properly-made blank. It's still material being propelled by an explosion.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 pm

Could also have been something in the barrel.
It's just another example of /noguns/ faggots not to be trusted with them under any circumstance. They overplay their danger by being careless dipshits and blame the resulting danger on the tool.
Guess what, retards shouldn't operate power tools either and yet we don't ban or even restrict those.

If you're handed a gun - any gun under any circumstance - you check that shit yourself again before waving it about.
Open the chamber, inspect the barrel, inspect the blanks. Simple. There is no trusting somebody else when you'll be the person pointing it at people and pulling the trigger.

Goes to show what fucking idiots those lefty actor faggots are. In any trade where you handle potentially dangerous tools or machinery it's always up to the operator to do a final check.
Millions of those supposedly dumb working class people that operate cranes, bulldozers, trucks, chainsaws, nailguns and angle grinders manage to do that every day. And here is TDS McRichfag and can't take a second to check a fucking gun before squeezing the gat aimed square at a co-worker.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:58 am

DUNC is overrated hipster dogshit. It makes the Lynch & 2000 versions look better by comparison. The CGI looks unfinished, everyone talks in whispers, and the music is Zimmer's worst score yet. I hope it fucking bombs.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:17 am

Just came back from seeing Dune myself and I can confirm that it was indeed boring. 2:30 hours of fucking nothing happening and then it ends halfway through. And from what I read, then haven't even filmed Part 2 yet. WTF? Might as well just stick to the Lynch version.