Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 pm
These dumb shits do realise that the actor's got to be able to do stuff an actual tetraplegic wouldn't be able to? Like play the guy before he got crippled, for example.

What's next? They gonna complain that the guy playing Daredevil isn't actually blind?
Or the guy playing the Joker isn't a real psychopath.

But there's really a simple solution to this: Hollywood needs to stop putting trans/disabled characters in movies. Everyone's happy, case closed.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm

I'm still pissed that Hollywood has yet to hire actual aliens for their sci-fi flicks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 pm

I keep seeing these people roll their eyes over how Bryan Cranston described movie casting as "a business decision", which is 100% true. Every single thing about any major Hollywood movie is a business decision. A "heartwarming" comedy about a quadriplegic and his black friend doesn't get made, by a major studio at least, without big names in the parts.

But these people don't want to hear that. They're not arguing with Cranston's point either; they're dismissing it as an insensitive choice of words.

It's the SJW mentality in a nutshell. They whine when they don't get their Utopian ideal, but they refuse to even acknowledge the reality of WHY.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:38 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm
I'm still pissed that Hollywood has yet to hire actual aliens for their sci-fi flicks.
A movie where Mexicans stalk and tear apart people on a spaceship before getting shot with laser blasters or crushed and thrown into an engine by a robotic walker is too problematic for Hollywood, as awesome is it would be.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Which means you have to get a normal job like the rest of us
If you're basically just a head in a bed, you're not getting a real job let's be honest. They'll most likely be on disability benefits unless they're Christopher Reeve and they've got tons of money saved up from when they weren't crippled.
veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm
Or the guy playing the Joker isn't a real psychopath.
There's no shortage of those in Hollywood though
veris leta facies wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:31 pm
But there's really a simple solution to this: Hollywood needs to stop putting trans/disabled characters in movies. Everyone's happy, case closed.
They'd complain about that too. There's no winning with these fucks. They're never happy unless they're miserable
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm

Have these invalid shitdicks considered actually doing something for society instead of acting like some shitty fake Hollywood production does jack shit for anybody.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Have these invalid shitdicks considered actually doing something for society
No, because their political posturing is purely for their own ego and not actually for the betterment of society. If they cared about that, they'd shut the fuck up.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:17 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:19 pm
If the Heisenberg caves and apologizes I'm done.
Cranston's a hardcore cuck who threatened to move to Canada if Trump won. I can see him apologizing hard then sucking limp cripple dick as atonement. He's also one of the assholes who got IMDB's message boards shut down because everyone was giving him and the other Trump or Canada actors so much shit for not leaving.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Even if he is a cuck I doubt he'll apologise. Actors never do when it comes to their bottom line, or if they do it's very, very rare
Kugelfisch wrote:

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 pm
These dumb shits do realise that the actor's got to be able to do stuff an actual tetraplegic wouldn't be able to? Like play the guy before he got crippled, for example.

What's next? They gonna complain that the guy playing Daredevil isn't actually blind?
People have fucking done that I shit you not.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.