Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Most likely ASS thought I meant the 2011 version (which really isn't even a remake), but it's also possible he thinks the goofy monster movie from the 50's is so much superior that considering Carpenter's movie better is retarded. Wouldn't surprise me, really.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

The 2011 version is some weird prequel that put so much attention into explaining each bit of "battle damage" to the Norwegian base that they forgot to put a good movie in there. It's like the movie is on the spectrum.

(Also lol @ them claiming that the crashed spaceship was totally in working condition all this time. Apparently the Thing just got drunk and passed out in the snow.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:40 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm
The 2011 version is some weird prequel that put so much attention into explaining each bit of "battle damage" to the Norwegian base that they forgot to put a good movie in there. It's like the movie is on the spectrum.
The Star Wars approach to lore.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:09 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm
(Also lol @ them claiming that the crashed spaceship was totally in working condition all this time. Apparently the Thing just got drunk and passed out in the snow.)
That was the time when The Thing hanged with Predator, they were very lost in their lives, both abused pills and alcohol and they constantly crashed their spaceships at different planets. Once they woke up in hangover they were pissed and started some shit where they landed. Both of those guys have got their lives back on track since they found Spoony's reviews and nowadays they don't willingly talk anymore about those dark times.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 pm
Most likely ASS thought I meant the 2011 version (which really isn't even a remake)
This, I didnt even know there was a 50's version. I dont go through my grandma's closet looking for movies lol.

So the 2011 one is a remake of a remake?? No wonder its shit. The carpenter one is amazing.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:38 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm
veris leta facies wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:25 pm
Most likely ASS thought I meant the 2011 version (which really isn't even a remake)
This, I didnt even know there was a 50's version. I dont go through my grandma's closet looking for movies lol.

So the 2011 one is a remake of a remake?? No wonder its shit. The carpenter one is amazing.
You thought he was talking about the 2011 version, despite the fact that put the year, 1982, in parentheses?

Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 pm

you know niggas cant read look what you are asking for man
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 pm

It's not a remake, it's a prequel where they explain what happened to that Norwegian base that they visit briefly in the Carpenter film. And it's called "the Thing" because I guess they couldn't come up with another title.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:15 pm

From the quick research Ive done the thing isnt a real remake either since the original wasnt true to the source material blablaa
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 pm

How many movies adaptations from the 50s and before really gave a serious toss about the source material, anyways?
Rushy wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 pm
It's not a remake, it's a prequel where they explain what happened to that Norwegian base that they visit briefly in the Carpenter film. And it's called "the Thing" because I guess they couldn't come up with another title.
"Hey, whatever happened to that Norwegian base?"
"The Thing."

There. Could've saved a studio millions of dollars.

And I hate it when you make a non-reboot entry of a franchise and give it the exact same title as a previous entry. Are they like afraid to scare off people that didn't watch the original? Then why use the IP in the first place?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette