Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: Movie Thread

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 am
The only good Mad Max ever was the first one. Everything after that is to it what every Rambo movie after First Blood is, just that John Rambo actually felt like it was in on the joke.
This must be the first time I read or hear anyone preferring the first Mad Max to the second one. The first MM had some good scenes and Goose was a great character. But there were just too much of Max spending quality time with his family and those scenes were god-awful. Whereas MM2 is brilliance from start to finish.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Dat quality boomerang headshot.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 pm
At least First Blood had plenty instances of Rambo killing dudes.
Rambo killed one person. I don't think he even really killed him, the guy fell out of the helicopter cause he was being careless and Rambo threw a rock at the helicopter
I think my memory has been playing tricks on me. Then again, working on a body count would've been a bit weird in context.
Rapeculture wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:48 pm
Seriously, people should just rewatch The Descent if they want to see a well-written movie about monsters that hunt by sound.
I feel there's a certain lack of cave horror movies. That's like one of the few horror settings where the old "My phone's dead"-trope actually makes sense. And you get claustrophobia, lots of darkness, a strange and alien world, and plenty of creepy albino critters.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 am

Topic swing;

Just watched God Bless America. God I love that movie.

The main characters are an excellent duality and contrast of ideals, and plenty of shitty people, and their pop culture get their shit wrecked.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm

That flick looks like eggy Reddit garbage.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Rewatched Seed of Chucky. A bit unevenly paced(after escaping the movie-within-a-movie set, the dolls just hang out at Jennifer Tilly's house), but the absurdity and in-jokes still make it a fun watch. The doll characters are all great and they're the highlight of the film. Brad Dourif in particular is on fire as Chucky has to struggle managing his wife, who wants to stop killing and his transgender kid with mental issues.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Sheeat, totally forgot the kid was genderqueer due to being 100% doll. This franchise was way ahead of its time.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:04 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:51 pm
Sheeat, totally forgot the kid was genderqueer due to being 100% doll. This franchise was way ahead of its time.
Fingers crossed that they can coax Robert Englund out of retirement for that Freddy vs Chucky movie they're currently in talks about. Along with the TV series. And the remake.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

TheManWithNoPlan

Post by TheManWithNoPlan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Watched Gangs of New York heard it's one of Scorsese's weaker films I thought it was decent Leo was a bad choice though I can't tell if his accent is dodgy or it's just distracting hearing him talk with an Irish accent. Also it made me wonder who'd win in a fight between Liam Neeson and Daniel Day Lewis

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 pm

The audience, of course.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:22 pm

TheManWithNoPlan wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:22 pm
Watched Gangs of New York heard it's one of Scorsese's weaker films I thought it was decent Leo was a bad choice though I can't tell if his accent is dodgy or it's just distracting hearing him talk with an Irish accent. Also it made me wonder who'd win in a fight between Liam Neeson and Daniel Day Lewis
Old fucking geezers who were forty when Taxi Driver came out didn't like it because it was too hip and edgy or something. To be fair, Cameron Diaz already looked old as shit and couldn't fucking act, so maybe that was what was dragging it down.