Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
McGinnis

Re: Movie Thread

Post by McGinnis » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:05 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:01 pm
Hell, he's basically Gandalf and that dude isn't even really a mortal being.
And they're both basically Merlin

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Another character nobody ever asked themselves if they fuck and if they are into dudes or chicks.
Fucking degeneracy these days!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:32 pm

If animu has told me anything, it's that old mentors are exclusively into underaged girls.
Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:59 am
Rowling really got caught on that particular stupid point of making Hermione a nigger. Did she drink some sort of autismo juice? It's eerily familiar to "Sanic's arms aren't blue!"
Did she even have any involvement in the theatre production, let alone the casting process?
I guess whoever did the casting decided to "diversify" the cast a bit, and instead of the traditional "color-blind casting" excuse Rowling went just a little bit above and beyond what she needed to say, which together with the earlier "Dumbledore was totes gay, everyone!" painted a bit of a problematic picture of her as an opportunist looking to signal post-mortem virtue into her work.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:01 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:01 pm
Dumbledore is a stereotypical "old wise wizard" and should therefore have no sexuality to be spoken of.
Hell, he's basically Gandalf and that dude isn't even really a mortal being.
But Gandalf was played by an openly gay actor, so the Potterverse had to respond in kind! No matter nobody ever cared about Ian McKellan being an old fag playing Gandalf because a) his performance was very good and b) he never cared to go the cheap route and say "I was playing Gandalf totes gay, girlfriends!"

Gendo's Ocular Dickhole

Post by Gendo's Ocular Dickhole » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:19 pm

Will the upcoming "Rangz of Powah" series by Amazon feature a young Gandalf who's more openly faggy? Perhaps they'll explain how Morgoth hunted down homosexuals across Arda, driving the other LGBT Ainur into hiding whilst Gandalf was in a secret passionate romance with Saruman (who is also secretly gay). The Dark Lord can be an allegory for le ebil CISgendered white males to drive the point home if they want.
CMD has unforeseen consequences...Show

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 pm

I don't think they have the rights to make even half of that happen.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:34 pm

Portraying Morgoth as a homophobic nazi would be a bit problematic, since he also created the first orcs, which modern scholars of identity politics assure me are a stand-in for "black people".
Then again, maybe that's why you don't see black elves in the Jackson movies. Morgoth gave them all race-affirming surgery.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

AVGN: The Movie (2014)

This "movie" baffled me in the sense that how big hack fraud James actually is. Did the same guy who wrote the classic AVGN episodes also really wrote THIS? Or did he have some ghostwriter or co-writer to write the early AVGN episodes? Motherfucker Mike maybe?

This was unbelievably bad, like, I expected something like a 2h version of an average AVGN skit, but this was something much worse. It was two hours of stupid, absolutely uninteresting nonsense plot, heavy-ass exposition and utterly terrible attempts of comedy.

What was the most surprising thing here was how terribly awful the jokes were. Most of the time my brain straight out refused to register the happening on-screen as humor, it was more like some.. strange performance art? Just plain weird. I have a hard time figuring out who would actually find this entertaining. Maybe if you have very low intelligence you could find this movie fun.

James is completely talentless writer AND actor, besides the embarrassingly bad jokes, it was really painfully to watch James trying to act in a company of real actors. He came off like a retard who is able to present only a few silly facial expressions.

It was also kind a bizarre how up in his own ass James really was here. Everybody in the movie treated him like some megastar, everyone found him very talented, really funny, extremely influential ("You're not a gamer.. You're THE gamer!") and there didn't even seem to be any irony behind it.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Old classic now freely on YT.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:48 pm

The Oscars are on tonight. In an effort to improve the steep yearly ratings decline, they will relegate some of the less glamorous categories (Best Editing, Best Documentary Short Subject, etc.) to a seperate ceremony because, yeah, THAT'S why no one cares about the Oscars anymore.
Last edited by Lindsay's Liver on Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.