Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:09 pm

The original certainly hasn't aged too well in parts for a horror movie, but great nontheless. As for the sequel? Oh boy...

(I wonder if a modern remake would be considered a hate crime against trans people.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Psycho was ok. I have watched a few Hitchcock films and it's not at all my favorite. I think The Birds is his masterpiece and Vertigo a close second.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:17 am

I don’t think Hitch ever made a bad film, but my personal favorites would have to be Vertigo, Rope, The Lady Vanishes, and Frenzy. Maybe Dial M for Murder too. Oh, and Rear Window. Strangers on a Train and Rebecca......okay, I celebrate the man’s entire oeuvre; even his silent work is genius.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:20 am

Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 am
and The Legend of Conan!
They canned that

Throne of Dysentery

Post by Throne of Dysentery » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:33 am

It says “announced” on IMDB, so who knows. I hope it gets made, though; the film industry is in desperate need of more Ah-nold.
I never sold my Daewoo. I kept getting low-balled and said fuck it. I’m going to keep it and watch it soar in value!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 pm

The film industry "announces" a lot of shit, like that NGE live-action movie and a few other animu adaptations. A shame really, 'cause there's no way they could adapt this without screwing up spectacularly.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:29 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 pm
The film industry "announces" a lot of shit, like that NGE live-action movie and a few other animu adaptations. A shame really, 'cause there's no way they could adapt this without screwing up spectacularly.
Speaking of which, Jew Jew Abrams is at it again as he's adapting a live-action version of the most overpraised animu film in recent memory.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... me-1043907
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 pm

This must prove that I am not a weeb, for I have never heard of this movie until now.

Though I have seen other stuff by the same director, so I know Your Name must be a very "exciting" movie.
-Yours Truly

GodsGift

Post by GodsGift » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Looking up the plot it doesn't seem to bad for Jap shit don't know why he'd make an adaption though, that can only be crap in the making.

Seele

Post by Seele » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:24 pm

The source material is terribly dull. It's a love story involving body swapping & a disaster scenario, but it feels cliche and mediocre, so I honestly don't understand the high praise for it.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world