Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 pm

Bad Robot is a virus that has spread to every fucking thing in ChinaWood. JJ must have some serious shit on people to have gone from a shitty c-list writer to a megapower practically overnight.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:00 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:45 pm
I just can't hate him anymore. I don't know if he's just more self-aware of being full of himself or just started taking things less seriously.
I'm starting to feel sort of the same way, actually. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like him as an actor or as a person. But on the scale of shitty, obnoxious Hollywood personalities he's actually fairly low down compared to most of the screeching liberals, who are as big, if not bigger, cultists than he ever was.
Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:28 pm
JJ must have some serious shit on people to have gone from a shitty c-list writer to a megapower practically overnight
He's a Jew. Not only that, but a Jew with rich, film producer parents. It was pretty much guaranteed that, once he came of age, they'd give him the keys to the Jew kingdom
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:10 am

What a strange coincidence that Bad Robot and Tom Cruise are being talked about at the same time; the first film that J. J. Abrams directed was Mission: Impossible III, and Tom is the one who thought it would be a good idea to hire J. J. to direct it.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:32 am

Cuckara wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:10 am
What a strange coincidence that Bad Robot and Tom Cruise are being talked about at the same time
All the Cruise talk is probably why JJ was brought up
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I don't mind Tom Cruise. He's crazy but so is everyone that has spent too much time in Commiefornia.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 am

Margot Robbie loses Best Supporting Actress to Lauren Dern.

Let me repeat: In this fucking clown world, glorified cum rag Margot Robbie was Oscar nominated for her acting and not her tits, ass, or cocksucking skills. The Oscars officially mean less than nothing.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:40 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:22 am
The Oscars officially mean less than nothing.
>Implying that the Oscars ever meant anything.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:51 am

Parasite won tho so that was cool.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:16 pm

The Wings of Honneamise (1987)

Blaaaaaah. This was recommended to me as one of the greatest anime movies of all time and as imdb was also full of "10/10 mastahpiece!" hype I gave this movie a shot. What a fucking bore and utter nonsense 2 hours straight. I guess this is the kind of movie "you have to liek" if you're an art animu hipster faggot. I think you also need to have very left-leaning worldview so you can nod your head along the movie "Yep, humanity is such shit. Military = EVIL" etc. Hated the soundtrack. Was it composed by directors 6 year old son or something? Especially the "danger music" during the assassin chase scene was laughable and extremely annoying. Dramaturgically, the movie was a complete failure. The protagonist's goal was unclear and inconsistent, and there was no antagonist of any kind. Oh, but there was muh deep themez how humans are evil, only capable of war, how humans evolved from living in caves and now they are IN SPACE, evolution, man. Crap.

The hand-drawn animation was gorgeous though, I'll give it that.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:53 pm

Saw Bruce Almighty on a whim. It's been a while since I've seen any Jim Carrey, so I had a lot of fun with it. Not a belly laugh movie, but just a fun, frivolous way to spend an hour or two watching Carrey run amuck with God powers.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.