Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm

Natural hair is overrated, and easily replaced with cosplay animu hair.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:47 pm

The House That Jack Built (2018)

Damn, this was tight! Now I understand why leftist soyboy critics shat themselves and why there was a mass walk out in Cannes. Lars von Trier had trolled Cannes cocksuckers before in 2011 by saying he's a Nazi and he understood Hitler. Now here in this movie he basically compares his earlier films to Albert Speer, Sturzkampfflugzeug Junkers Ju 87 and Holocaust, as the great masterpieces of art that were misunderstood in their time. :lol: I fucking love this!

This is without a doubt the most sadistic and brutal film from von Trier and that's something, considering his past filmography. There's also some extremely dark humor in it and it came to me as surprise how funny this actually was, though you have to have very twisted sense of humor to get all of it. It is also very deep and thought-provoking in Trier's intelligent, eccentric and ineffably disturbing way.

All in all, von Trier is a very hit-and-miss director. He's done some magnificent shit like Breaking the Waves, Antichrist and Riget, some average shit like Dogville and Idioterne, and some unwatchable shit-shit like Dancer in the Dark (I fucking HATE BJÖRK!!!!!!). The House That Jack Built is a great addition to his magnificent shit category, I hope this Danish son of a bitch doesn't ever give up with his trollish ways. Chaos reigns! 10/10

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:31 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:47 pm
(I fucking HATE BJÖRK!!!!!!)
Another bomb of AIDS is in her mailbox.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:12 pm

It feels like everyone actually hates Björk but nobody ever suggested getting rid of her because everyone thought that everyone else likes her. Can we get woke on the Björk Question already and throw her into the closest active volcano?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

If you think that's good, watch the trailer for Jojo Rabbit, it's a real Hooten.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:58 pm

SpoilerShow
I liked the handful of Byork albums I listened to.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:03 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:47 pm
The House That Jack Built (2018)
You got me interested so I just watched it.
Yes, quite a bit more humorous than one would expect from the strong reactions it had at Cannes or would expect of Danish Spoony Lars "#depression" von Trier.
It was quite alright. Children getting shot is always hilarious so I enjoyed that. Teutonic mastermind Uwe Boll did it better, though. But a good effort still.
What is it with Danes, walk-in freezers and murder? Dänische Delikatessen is likely the only other movie made by a Dane I've ever seen and it had the same theme.
SpoilerShow
So what do you think? Did he build his final house then and there or has he been building it all along in a kind of Fight Club kinda way? I think the latter.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:03 pm
What is it with Danes, walk-in freezers and murder? Dänische Delikatessen is likely the only other movie made by a Dane I've ever seen
You never saw the real human bean movie with the Jew killing autistic man?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:09 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:03 pm
What is it with Danes, walk-in freezers and murder? Dänische Delikatessen is likely the only other movie made by a Dane I've ever seen
You never saw the real human bean movie with the Jew killing autistic man?
I stand corrected. Yes, I've seen Driver.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 am

It Follows
Eh. Just plain "eh". If you haven't seen it yet, don't bother, I guess? It's so short that you may as well watch it if you're really interested. But it's really a nothing experience. It's not bad, it's not boring but it's not exciting or clever or particularly interesting either. Don't believe the hype.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!