Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Rushy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:42 pm

The Omen III: The Final Conflict is a MASSIVE jump up in quality from the lame 2nd film. I'd say it's as good as the original, though in different ways.
Rather than just keep going with the tiresome formula of killing off everyone who find out about Damien, this film is constructed as a final epic showdown between the satanists and the priests, and centered around Sam Neill's impressively charismatic performance as the AntiChrist(seriously, this guy is the best onscreen version of the Devil I have ever seen).

It's more of a character-driven film than the others as well - we actually get some insight into how Damien's cult works and see him manipulate everyone around him and actually put in a good defense for being evil, the very first time I've seen someone just be evil for the sake of it and have it work without being cliche. There's a scene where he outright shits on the way Jesus and God run things, it's brilliant writing.

There's a baby murder montage. Just saying. Check it out.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Hmm, never bothered with the third one because the second was such a train wreck.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:49 pm
Hmm, never bothered with the third one because the second was such a train wreck.
I don't blame you, would have done the same if I hadn't had them on a box set. But Sam Neill alone is worth the price of admission on this one.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 am

Anyone going to see the supermodel assassin movie Anna? Looks like typical Luc Besson nonsense with maybe some decent action. I can't believe that guy was once considered a great director. The Professional is pedo nonsense.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 am

I don't watch horror movie sequels unless people tell me specifically that the sequel was good. I've been burned.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:40 am
Anyone going to see the supermodel assassin movie Anna? Looks like typical Luc Besson nonsense with maybe some decent action. I can't believe that guy was once considered a great director. The Professional is pedo nonsense.
Leon just clearly has autism.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:36 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm
You watch the first Men in Black and you're like, 'this concept could absolutely support six-seven sequels' but literally all of the sequels' are bad.
The thing is that the original wasn't that great. It was mainly supported by the chemistry that Smith and Jones had. Which is why the sequels are shit. Because they, for one reason or another, manage to take Jones out of the equation.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:30 pm
You watch the first Men in Black and you're like, 'this concept could absolutely support six-seven sequels' but literally all of the sequels' are bad.
MiB: International also sucks, btw. Don't know if it's bad as 2, but it's got all the hallmarks of current year bad blockbusters: from eyeroll inducing woke shit to a boring, cookie cutter plot.
Three was fun, because Josh Brolin did a good Tommy impression and it was neat to watch the black man get pulled over in 1969 and see why he grew up without a father.
It was an inoffensive sequel that you knew wasn't going to be as good as the first, but way better than the second.

All I ask for movies nowadays is that they try to have some kind of heart. This latest one doesn't have much of a soul, just watching Thor act like an irresponsible white person.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:06 pm

I dunno. I never watched all of 3 but the little bit I did see was Will getting pulled over in the '60s because America is RAYCISS and I just rolled my eyes and cringed. Figures that Soyny would put that in the movie.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:39 pm
All I ask for movies nowadays is that they try to have some kind of heart. This latest one doesn't have much of a soul, just watching Thor act like a white man.
Too bad. They sacrificed their souls and kokoros when the started to shit out sequels, prequels, reboots and Inception-style trailers.
(Also ftfy)
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:26 pm
Men in Black II was on TV tonight so I watched a bit of it. The movie is terrible but somebody in particular needed to have a word with whoever the casting director was.
You've got Rosario Dawson's character, who is supposed to be the daughter of the Alien Princess and Tommy Lee Jones. The Alien Princess is Japanese. Tommy Lee Jones is white. How in the fuck did these two people have a black daughter?
Her mother was actually a biological Alien Princess of Color who went through race-affirming surgery. She watched so much anime that she wanted to be Japanese.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette