Movie Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Movie Thread

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Yeah, I knew that. I don't think it's worth watching.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:49 am

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm
Bad Times at the El Royale was great. It was Drew Goddard un-hampered by Whedon's cancer
Maybe technically, but it was still sjw as fuck. Still, like Cabin in the Woods, fun enough to watch once.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:05 pm
Did you know there was a live action Fist Of The North Star? Yeah crazy, hell there's even a Japanese dubbed version with the original voice actors:

Downtown Julie Brown was in that, I believe. Was okay.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Live Action Fist of the North Star is probably one of the best example of why animus should stay animus. You lose a lot in translation if you can't have the crazy proportions and ludicrous ultra violence.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm

live action Crying Freeman was supposed to be okay but i've never read the original (I read the animu kinda stunk)

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm
live action Crying Freeman was supposed to be okay but i've never read the original (I read the animu kinda stunk)
I liked the anime. (I've only read a little of the manga.)
It's a lot of fun as long as you don't take it seriously like it seems to want you to.
お前はもう死んでいる。

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991)

Fuck yeah, this is one of the most rewatchable movie there is. Brandon Lee was a god-awful actor and this movie is his magnum opus (gotta say I don't remember anything from Rapid Fire or Laser Mission). Lee is a cop from ASIAN TASK FORCE ( :lol: ) who teams up with He-Man to defeat Yakuza boss Yoshida (who murdered Ivan Dragon's parents).

I love how all female characters in the movie are complete bimbos and Drago has to rescue the female lead not once but twice, once from herself (she tries to kill herself) and once from the bad guys. But the best part has to be the dialogue:

"Will you do this right? Clean. Like a cop in the 20th century and not some samurai warrior? We'll nail this guy. And when we're done, we'll go eat fish off those NAKED CHICKS!" :D It would've been perfect if he'd used the word "bitches" instead of "chicks", but excellent anyway.

(He-Man explains how the gun works to a woman, like she's some kind of retard)
"When the safety's off, point this at the target, pull the trigger and they'll fall down." :lol:
"What if it's you?"
"You won't see me coming." :lol: :lol: :lol:

"What the fuck do you want? We're closed."
"Wrong. You're open!"

And ofc the classic, Brandon admiring He-Man's johnson:

"In case we get killed, I wanted to tell you.. you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man."
"Thanks. I don't know what to say."
"How about, "Don't get killed"?"

Great, great movie. 100/10
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 pm

JJ Abrams fucking sucks.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:39 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 pm
Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991)

Fuck yeah, this is one of the most rewatchable movie there is.
Oh, bro, that looks fucking great! I'll need to watch that movie with the pal of mine that forced me to watch Hobo with a Shotgun to show him what an actual "so bad it's good" movie is.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:08 pm
JJ Abrams fucking sucks.
Well, duh. He's one of the most lackadaisical overpraised directors of the modern era. Ever. He gets away with his shit because...

>He's Jewish.
>He has connections.
>He's an SJW.
>He can get away with blue balling his audience with endless mystery boxes, an absolute cancer on the mystery genre, all for the sake of building up hype.
>If someone criticizes him and he can't defend himself, he'll put the blame on someone else, like how he blamed the shitty Star Trek (2013) game for why Into Darkness had a lower opening than his shitty 2009 film or how "men feel threatened by woman" for why no one with a fully functional brain even liked TLJ, or how he blamed "intellectually inept people" for not getting Lost's ending. He's full of shit and, in typical shitlib fashion, cannot handle actual criticism.
>He'll rehash another project without putting any genuine substance into his work. As long as it has pretty visuals and artificial mystery hype, the audience will always continue to fall for it every single time.

Wait until the rape allegations or the #meagain movement gets him. Then, he'll be in deep shit.