Liberalism Destroys Art

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Liberalism Destroys Art

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Article about how IDW turned Transformers into Gay Robots Eating Pudding
BBC: Transformers: Misfit robots and the women who love them

Pedobots, roll out!
An initial positive reception emboldened Roberts, leading to his favourite moment - issue 16, the "declaration of love" between two same-sex Transformers characters, Chromedome and Rewind. It was "a first".

"In the nicest possible way, it became normalised. The world didn't come to an end. That reaction gave me and others the confidence to tell more stories like this," says Roberts.

"As far as I'm aware they're gay," says Barber, though he insists he does not want to "label" any reader's impression of the pair.

"It's important everyone can see themselves in the stories they read, and also to see people with other perspectives and different lives."

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:17 pm
....fucking kill me.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:39 pm

They took the parody as a serious documentary
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 pm

It's very difficult to be a Transformers fan these days. :(
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:53 pm

And here I thought Michael Bay was the worst thing that could happen to Transformers. Jesus Christ.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:56 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 pm
Because apparently a glorified toy commercial about robots shooting each other needed Robotic Boy's Love and gender-confused machines.

Also I'm somehow convinced these nutjobs have infiltrated this IP for no other reason than it being called "Transformers".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:03 pm

At least we still have Transmorphers.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:26 am

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:52 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 pm
The franchise has been COMPLETELY taken over by the cringiest lunatics, and I think I know how it happened. I think it's because everyone else, even all the supergeeks, FINALLY got too old to give a shit.

Bayformers didn't really bring in die-hard fans. It brought in people who wanted to drool at babes, explosions, and giant robots for two hours before moving on to the next forgettable spectacle filled summer blockbuster. All those people moved on to Marvel.

So the last thing the true fanboys cared about was Beast Wars, from the 90's, and while a lot of college nerds and recently graduated from college nerds are still in that phase where they're running from adulthood and trying to regress a bit to childhood, only the saddest, most emotionally stunted specimens are still doing that in their 30's. And they took over.

Face it, Transformers is not a series made for grown ass adults. It's far too ridiculous. Maybe it can appeal to some older people but it SHOULD BE A KIDS SHOW. This should be obvious, but ALL the nerd series have to be made by and for grown ass adult nerd fanboys these days. Imagine how horrifying the My Little Pony series would get if instead of making it mainly for little girls with a nod and a wink to older audiences they made it by and for bronies. They would make all their creepy fanfiction shit canon. That's Transformers now, right down to the weird sex stuff.